Track World Cup - Sydney

Eddy S
Eddy S Posts: 1,013
edited December 2007 in Track
This season's Track World Cup starts in Sydney this weekend.

Anyone interested can follow the results as each event finishes on the Tissot Timing site.

The results for women’s sprint qualifying and line-up women’s (top 16) competition are already posted.

It’s going to be an intense season with qualification for both the World Champs in Manchester in March and for the Olympics.
I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.

Comments

• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Is anyone showing coverage of this ? Checked British Eurosport and the Beeb.

Shame the Beeb isn't doing anything, their track coverage is usually excellent.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    No medals at all on Day 1! :cry: (We've come to expect them :D )

Things seem to be looking up after Day 2 though. :D

Ruth
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    No medals at all on Day 1! :cry: (We've come to expect them :D )

Things seem to be looking up after Day 2 though. :D

Ruth
    And Day 3 produced two more medals. :D

We have grown to expect a large haul of medals from every event. As we’re not privy to all the info, it’s tough for us to know where to be disappointed for the team or just accept that some of this weekend’s performances were ‘part of the plan/strategy’ in the Olympics qualification and build-up.
    Ste_S wrote:
    Is anyone showing coverage of this ? Checked British Eurosport and the Beeb.

Shame the Beeb isn't doing anything, their track coverage is usually excellent.
    Yup, it is a shame the BBC haven’t continued showing the World Cup events. I expected at least a highlights programme after the coverage we got during the last season. All that’s listed for future track events are the World Champs. Without a sports programme at the weekends, there must be scheduling issues.

However, one good piece of news… it looks like cycling.tv are providing free coverage from Beijing this coming weekend 8) (apart from I'll miss Sunday's broadcast because I'm training at Newport :roll: )
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.