cheap turbo trainer?

muz250
muz250 Posts: 95
edited November 2007 in Road beginners
Well Iv desided to purches a turbo trainer as, it seems the only way to ensure I can get some time on the bike with the weather being so bad, The lbs were I got my bike from had one but was £120, am sure it was very good but Id rather spend a bit less if the cheeper ones can do the job just as good.

I looked on wiggle and this has a good reveiw, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... %20Trainer.

There's also rollers that are cheeper, are rollers as good?

Comments

• sonicred007
    sonicred007 Posts: 1,091
    You're not going to get a better bargain new that comes highly recommended too
  • I have treated myself to the cycleops fluid2 (my first ever trainer) and Ok it's more expensive than what you are looking for, but the build quality is first class and the machine is really quiet comparred to other trainers I have heard..I would reccomend the brand to anyone :)
  • muz250
    Thanks for the links and advice, I have orderd the cycleops one that I had linked, had to get one I think, I have been on holidays all week and only managed 47 miles because the weather has been so poor... :roll:
  • Cycleops have had good reviews, the build quality is also praised even if the traininer itself is fairly basic. Use a computer that's got cadence and a heart rate monitor and you're all set.

Dunedin
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It's pay day tomorrow so I've ordered one of those trainers..

I don't intend to do anything technical on it, no need for variable resistance, or this HR or cadence nonsense. I plan on just jumping on getting knackered for an hour or so while watching the TV and using it to check the bike over after doing maintenance on the transmission.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • muz250
    It's pay day tomorrow so I've ordered one of those trainers..

I don't intend to do anything technical on it, no need for variable resistance, or this HR or cadence nonsense. I plan on just jumping on getting knackered for an hour or so while watching the TV and using it to check the bike over after doing maintenance on the transmission.

Thats my thinking on it for now aswell, need to get a good base fittness before I start thinking about HR and cadence. I, d rather get out there and do an hours proper riding every day but with working shifts am only getting out in daylight hours when am working backshift, not ideal and when you come to day you were planing on getting a good ride in its raining. This way ill definatly get an hour + riding every day.... but now am thinking am going to need a little tv for the garage aswell !.