Look delta cleats/Pedal questions

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited November 2007 in Workshop
Is it a specific foot for each cleat or can they go on either one?

Whats the rubber in the middle for?

I've got the red cleats, i thought these were the ones with float... there doesnt appear to be any?

Why are they so hard to engage and disengage? Ive used SPDs, and egg beaters, these are so much harder to get in and out of, is this cos they are road pedals rather than MTB pedals?

Comments

• spasypaddy wrote:
    Is it a specific foot for each cleat or can they go on either one?

Whats the rubber in the middle for?

I've got the red cleats, i thought these were the ones with float... there doesnt appear to be any?

Why are they so hard to engage and disengage? Ive used SPDs, and egg beaters, these are so much harder to get in and out of, is this cos they are road pedals rather than MTB pedals?

AFAIK, it doesn't matter which goes on which shoe.

The red cleats have 9 degrees of float. Mine certainly do.

I think the rubber is meant to give some grip when you walk in them. Doesn't work though - I take my shoes off and walk in my socks if I have to go further than 5 yards. Like skating otherwise.

If you are used to SPDs with the tension turned right down, they do seem a bit stiff. Might also be a function of the greater float compared to SPDs - you have to get that heel out a bit further before they release.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    hmm ok cheers for the answers, might just turn the tension down on my looks. Can it go too far like it can on SPDs? My LBS said they were set to medium when i bought them
  • I went with the grey keos. 4.5 degrees. I have a sets with and without the rubber and notice a difference.

with the tension I just tested until it felt right
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    lateralus wrote:

The red cleats have 9 degrees of float. Mine certainly do.

Hi lateralus - is that 9 degrees float each side - or - 4.5 degrees each side totalling "9" alltogether? I need maximum but affordable float for my knee injury.

Thanks