Championchips

Yorkman
Yorkman Posts: 290
edited November 2007 in Workshop
I need to purchase one of these, apparently, to enter an Italian Sportif.

The only place I can see that sells them is an Italian website and it isn't translated to English, my Italian is average, and it's an online form that has to be printed and faxed.

Has anyone purchased one of these timing devices and if so, where from and how much hassle was it?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Are you sure you need to purchase one? I think every Gran Fondo I've entered in Italy offers this for hire for the day, normally a €10 deposit of which €7-8 is returned to you when you return the chip.

Which GF is it?
  • Yorkman
    andyp wrote:
    Are you sure you need to purchase one? I think every Gran Fondo I've entered in Italy offers this for hire for the day, normally a €10 deposit of which €7-8 is returned to you when you return the chip.

Which GF is it?

Campagnolo - the online registration requires a chip number, if my poor Italian is correct.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    That's one still on my to do list so I can't say for sure. Have you tried leaving it blank and submitting the form?
  • Yorkman
    andyp wrote:
    That's one still on my to do list so I can't say for sure. Have you tried leaving it blank and submitting the form?

I haven't, as it was asterixed as mandatory - will give it a bash and let you know.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman wrote:
    andyp wrote:

I haven't, as it was asterixed as mandatory - will give it a bash and let you know.

Great work mate - I'm in, by leaving it blank.

Just got to get fit, now.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Quite a few people purchase their own chips and therefore the box is where you put your chip's serial number. I do a bit of inline racing and a lot of racers have their own chip which they lace into the boot.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..