Any gamers on here?

il_principe
il_principe Posts: 9,155
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
After reading another post on here this morning I was wondering how many people on here are gamers as well as cyclists, I didn't think there would be many - they're fairly incompatible hobbies (and can be real wallet burners as well).

So any gamers, what systems do you have and what are you playing at the moment? I'll kick things off:

PC: Call of Duty 4 & Crysis
PS3: Assassins Creed
360: Halo 3
Wii: Nothing at the moment.

Comments

• Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    wii

'zelda' - ace
    'guitar hero III' - great fun

considering 'trauma centre, second opinion'.
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • xbox 360 call of duty 4, forza 2 are the main games at the min
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    xbox 360: FIFA 08, Forza 2, Rainbow Six Vegas (even though I've had it for 12months), GRAW2, Halo3 (less than an impressive game really)

PC: Counterstrike Source (13hours since Saturday after not playing it for 2 years) and Day of Defeat. I completed COD4 in 4 hours which wasn't very impressive, I wouldn't have bought a singleplayer game if I wanted a multiplayer centric game)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    PS3 - Call of Duty 3
    - Rachet and Clank

360 - Mass Effect

Wii - Super Mario Galaxy (game of year?)

DS - My Word Coach
    - Zelda
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • il_principe
    iainf72 wrote:

Not for me, I'd vote for Crysis (has to be seen to be believed), or Zelda on the Wii, fantastic as ever!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:

Not for me, I'd vote for Crysis (has to be seen to be believed), or Zelda on the Wii, fantastic as ever!

I've played Zelda and Mario is impressing me more. Even Edge gave it 10. Mind you, they're slacking off because it's the second 10 of the year.

CoD4 is astonishing if short.
  • I was just playing 'Fahrenheit' on the PS2 - quite good, but I don't like the QTE stuff. Too Dragon's Lair-ey for me.

Best game I played recently: Portal.

I still play a bit of Transport Tycoon now and then... ;)
  • cant beleive how many people have one of each system ie a ps3 xbox 360 wii etc

did this on another forum and it was the same, i thought i was bad with a xbox 360 and original xbox, ps1
  • il_principe
    I never played video games as a kid, so making up for lost time in my 20's! Had a PS2, Gamecube and Xbox as well, dread to think how much I've spent over the years... :oops:
  • iainf72
    cant beleive how many people have one of each system ie a ps3 xbox 360 wii etc

did this on another forum and it was the same, i thought i was bad with a xbox 360 and original xbox, ps1

The hardware is relatively cheap though, considering you'll get 5'ish years life out of it.

4 Wii games = Cost of Wii.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I only have a PC and it's an old one and I have a dial up connection, but I enjoy playing Half Life (great fun), and I did enjoy Red Faction but I kept getting wasted by people with better connection speeds, oh and Serious Sam as well.

When I get a broad band connection I might finally be able to play Half Life 2 or FarCry (but I doubt it).

:cry:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • redddraggon

Some people have more money than sense. I wouldn't mind getting a PS3, I have the money, but I can't justify to myself even, the 360 has the better games and I barely find time to play the 360.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DS - Race Driver - create & race

PS2 - Gran Turismo 4 (Yes still!)
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Well, I have just paid out a bundle of money for upgrades to my PC (new graphics card, processor, case, memory, etc. In fact, I practically bought a new PC. I'll hopefully be building it at the weekend.

The new beast will be used for the following, some of which I've played a little on, some I'm getting for Xmas, and some of which I've done nothing more than install:

Football Manager 2008
    World In Conflict
    Crysis
    COD 4
    Gears of War (getting for Xmas)
    Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance (getting for Xmas)

I'm actually not a massive gamer, but there seem to be loads of really good games at the moment so I thought I'd extend myself beyond the likes of Pro Cycling Manager and Football Manager this year. I also had a nice 24 inch screen which was perfect for these games, but it packed up at the weekend!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400

Surprises me too. I'm currently debating 'X-Box vs PS3'. Been a PS man for years now and it does look like a fantastic system but the price seems ridiculous.

Games come into their own in winter when it's too nasty to get out!
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Grand Prix Legends addict here...
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • Have PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 while the g/f is a real hand-held nut...Gameboy advance, DS etc.

I'm curently playing Gears of War and Sega Rally on Xbox360 having got fed up with getting my ass kicked at NHL :cry:
  • il_principe
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Surprises me too. I'm currently debating 'X-Box vs PS3'. Been a PS man for years now and it does look like a fantastic system but the price seems ridiculous.

Games come into their own in winter when it's too nasty to get out!

The 360 is a far better buy. Hardly any decent games on the PS3 and the good ones are availalbe on the 360 as well... graphics are on a par at the moment as well.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I think you're right. Just been talking about the X-Box in the office and no-one has a bad word to say about it.
  • iainf72
    The Ps3 is a great piece of kit. But there is so little worth playing. Well, one exclusive (Rachet and Clank) but that's it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88461
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    We have a Wii, PS2 and a PSP.

We've only just got the Wii so still playing Sports and Big Brain Academy (and we're waiting for Santa to buy more games!).

I play Cricket on the PS2, where as the little one loves wrestling and need for speed.

On the PSP (which has sat in the drawer for ages and not been played!) I play Actua Tennis 3 and Killzone most of all. But I'm considering getting Pro Cycle manager for the PSP after seeing the review in C+.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    After suffering the 'red ring of death' a month or so back, my 360's currently sitting in a UPS depot waiting for them to get their collective backsides in gear and get it back to me..

Was 2 hours into Halo 3 and the thing died on me... very frustrating.
  • PC: ETQW, UT3.
  • redddraggon
    After suffering the 'red ring of death' a month or so back, my 360's currently sitting in a UPS depot waiting for them to get their collective backsides in gear and get it back to me..

Was 2 hours into Halo 3 and the thing died on me... very frustrating.

Mine died a month ago! Rang MS up, UPS picked it up a day later, I received the 360 back less than 3 weeks later, Broken to fixed in 3 weeks isn't too bad.

Got a 1month xbox live card with it when it came back.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Since my PC was top of the range in 2003 i'm stuck playing older games for now, mainly Rome Total War:Europa Barbarum.

I keep meaning to build a new PC but it's all about dual core quad etc etc now.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Mine died a month ago! Rang MS up, UPS picked it up a day later, I received the 360 back less than 3 weeks later, Broken to fixed in 3 weeks isn't too bad.

Got a 1month xbox live card with it when it came back.

Mine appears to have been fixed in about 3 weeks, but for the last week I've been following it via UPS's tracking facility back and forth from the depot. Any attempts to contact the depot have been thwarted by their automated tracking service or an inability to answer emails!
    Every day they appear to put it on a lorry, take it for a little drive then back to the depot!