I fell off my bike

Pirahna
Pirahna Posts: 1,315
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
And it hurt. I havn't fallen off for quite a few years but managed it this morning. Why is it, the older you are the less you seem to bounce? I'm only 44 and hit the floor like a sack of something or other. Shredded a pair of longs and put holes in nice Gore soft shell jacket and banged the crash helmet. Got a nice bit of road rash on my hip and knee plus a bruises.

The hat took a bang but no obvious damage apart from a slight crease about 20mm long on the plastic outer. Worth changing?

Comments

• mozzle
    mozzle Posts: 100
    Always worth changing your helmet after a fall aspecially if it was a biggie.
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    :shock: Sorry to hear you had an 'OFF' Piranha!
    Yes I would change your helmet if I were you. Signs of damage on the surface however small could be a harbinger of something more fundemental in the actual structure of the helmet.
    Some manufacturers provide a replacement service at reduced cost if you return your damaged helmet. Pity about your other kit though.
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    how did you manage to fall off ... if that isn't a silly question?

Ice, damp, wildlife ... or other?

It's great to be .....
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Road rash hurts but is cool. Shame it's not summer otherwise you coulda shown off.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • vermooten wrote:
    Road rash hurts but is cool. Shame it's not summer otherwise you coulda shown off.

Ditto, all the ladies at college seem to love it and giving you lots of sympathy :D
  • duckiciao wrote:
    vermooten wrote:

Ditto, all the ladies at college seem to love it and giving you lots of sympathy :D

Not sure all the symapthy in the world off the college girlies would be worth that joyful feeling of your skin sticking to the sheets and your strides for a couple of weeks.
    And that lovely feeling of the healing rash stretching every time you extend the joint that it is on. :cry:
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    pjh wrote:
    how did you manage to fall off ... if that isn't a silly question?

Ice, damp, wildlife ... or other?

I was paying attention to a bend and not the road surface. Part of the road had surface had been worn away, front wheel slipped into the rut and I was on the floor. The road was covered in slime, same bit on a dry day and I would have been fine.
  • celbianchi wrote:
    duckiciao wrote:
    vermooten wrote:

Not sure all the symapthy in the world off the college girlies would be worth that joyful feeling of your skin sticking to the sheets and your strides for a couple of weeks.
    And that lovely feeling of the healing rash stretching every time you extend the joint that it is on. :cry:

Yeah, waking up stuck to the sheets isnt a pleasant feeling... nor is going in the shower and the road rash goes all soggy and minging *shudder*