Posting Bikes

SlimJim0001
SlimJim0001 Posts: 90
edited December 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Hi, i'm ebaying my bike but need to know how much it costs to post a bike inside the UK. I looked at Royal Mail but only found services for up to 3kg. Who should I use?
Cheers
if every thing seems under control your just not going fast enough

Comments

• jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    i got a bike posted for £30 with royal mail i think it was, as long as its under 5ft it cuts the price down alot all i done was took the front wheel!
  • Here is the PO postal calclator Put in the weight and size and you'll be pretty close. Ideally if you know or work for someone with a couriers account that's your cheapest way.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • I posted mine this week and it cost me £13. The weight was 19.2 kilos. I was able to send it with the normal Royal Mail, if it had have been over 20 kilos it would have had to be posted with Parcel Force and it would probably have cost loads more.

I just went to Halfords and they gave me a cardboard bike box they had left over.
  • looking at around £40 depending on weight
    <b><font size="1">My Bikes innit</font id="size1"></b>
    <b><font size="1">My space innit</font id="size1"></b>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by homers double</i>

But he\'s French.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    What I've seen most people do on ebay is say that you woud prefer collection, but if the buyer wants to have it posted they can arrange a courier/pay whatever the Royal Mail cost is. What bike is it, out of interest?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs