What Mobile Phone

Bluestoesonnose
Bluestoesonnose Posts: 372
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
Contract is almost up and I am wanting a new mobile, looking for something that will be tough enough for MTBing, small enough to fit into the under saddle bag on my road bike and cool enough not to get laughed at, any ideas?
This is why!

Comments

• grimpeur
    grimpeur Posts: 230
    My cycling phone is a Nokia 5500,

It is a normal Series 60 Nokia phone ( GSM, not 3G ) with a stainless steel / rubberised exterior. Additionally it is splash proof with a sealed battery compartment and rubber flap over the Nokia connector on the base. There are other 'sports' specific features but these are nothing special.

In short, if you want something that isn't going to break down when it get's wet, get the 5500.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4221003
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Can't help, never owned one ,never will. :roll: :wink:
    bagpuss
  • See my separate post on the Nokia N95, some fun features for cyclists. Also music and a decent camera/camcorder, voice recorder, etc. Not to mention net access, Word & Excel, the list goes on...
    Come through!
  • Richie1964
    Richie1964 Posts: 2,601
    Contract is almost up and I am wanting a new mobile, looking for something that will be tough enough for MTBing, small enough to fit into the under saddle bag on my road bike and cool enough not to get laughed at, any ideas?

Nokia 6500 Slide. 3.2mp camera with Carl Zeiss lens. 3G, and it's bombproof.