Time to choose a new bike....

claire-y-pants
claire-y-pants Posts: 5
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
I'm currently looking for a new bike and am hoping to get some advice on what to go for.... can anyone help?

A little while ago I bought a GT i-drive 7 3.0 which I love riding but, and it's a big BUT, as a 5'3" girl weighing all of 8 stone I think it's about time I faced the fact that it's perhaps a little on the hefty side for me! It also isn't really suited to the type of riding I do (trails like Coed y Brenin, Llandegla, Marin,etc).

My next bike needs to be much lighter but I still want a good full sus ride and have a budget of around £900. Anyone heard any good reviews or better still have experience of any suitable bikes? I'd heard the Kona Queen Kikapu might be worth a look? :?

PS. Would anyone like to give my GT a good home.....?

Comments

• ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Claire not sure that you will get a light full suss for that money. I would go for a hardtail every time but thats just me. I don't think you need much more for trail centres. You'd probably be better posting this in the MTB section though.
    I have pain!
  • Ooops! Not sure how I ended up in this section! It's late, I'm tired..... I have no more excuses... Have moved to MTB.... Thanks :)