Where to go on holiday

dirtbiker100
dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
edited November 2007 in MTB general
Yes its mtb related.
I'm off work from thursday 29th nov at 1pm and I go back on 5th (wednesday) morning. Any ideas where I can go from gloucestershire? I know theres plenty in wales but isn't it a bit spaced out? thinking about coed y brenin , betws y coed etc. anything in the midlands? Anyone recommend an easy hol abroad? Anything to do in the canaries at this time of year or anything? I think anything with proper mountains (alps etc) will be snowy and wet.
any ideas?
Thanks

Comments

• papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    Spain - warm sunny and cheap flights to malaga
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Wales. But South for 2/3 days then Norh for the rest. Afan then macclenclith (sp?), coed y brenin, then finally betws y coed.

Did it this year with my brother in teh summer. Was one of the best holidays i have been on, superb biking in Afan, better than coed y brenin me thinks!
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    If you were to stay in Betws - Y - Coed you would be within a half hour drive of Coed Y Brenin, the Marin trail, Llandegla and the fantastic Penmachno trail (new loop now open).

Plenty to get stuck into there!

Stu
  • i go to afan and cwmcarn a lot so i'd just go to the north half maybe. glad you liked your holiday though :D

is there much riding over in malaga?
  • Stu 74 wrote:
    If you were to stay in Betws - Y - Coed you would be within a half hour drive of Coed Y Brenin, the Marin trail, Llandegla and the fantastic Penmachno trail (new loop now open).

Plenty to get stuck into there!

Stu
    what i wanted to know. thanks v much. need to find somewhere to stay now!
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382

is there much riding over in malaga?

Yeah theres the whole serra navada moutian ranges, but you probably need to go with a bike holiday company