LBS moan

Fluffie
Fluffie Posts: 468
edited November 2007 in Campaign
Just moved to Orpington and getting to grips with new LBS. Order three inner tubes via LBS from Fisher Outdoor Pursuits. LBS happy to oblige. Visit LBS last week and told inner tubes should arrive that afternoon. Visit LBS again today to collect inner tubes only to be told they haven't even been ordered yet. Apparently LBS won't order from Fisher until they have over £150 worth of orders, which could be weeks. Why oh why was I not told this when I originally put in my order two weeks ago. Needless to say I've found another LBS over in Sidcup which seems to be better organised.

Fluff

Comments

• Supporting a LBS is all very well, but if you had ordered them online you could have had them the next day.

My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • what sort of inner tubes were you after that needed ordering from Fishers? :?
  • Cycle over to Bigfook Bikes in Hayes, my old LBS. Much better than Bromley Bikes or Orpington.
  • buddha
    buddha Posts: 1,088
    Ditto what loadey said.
    A very helpful and friendly LBS.
    <center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>
  • Fluffie
    Fluffie Posts: 468
    Hi, firstly I thought FOP was primarily wholesale not retail, they don't seem to like sending stuff to individuals, which is why I ordered via my LBS.

The inner tubes are 20" x 1 1/8" so not many high street shops stock 'em.

I'll give the shop in sidcup a try tomorrow but if they let me down I'll try the one in hayes.

ta

fluff
  • buddha
    buddha Posts: 1,088
    <center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>
  • The guys in my LBS are all very nice and friendly but I can't help thinking that they've gotten so used to bending the truth about bikes that they're not sure about the non-motorised 2 wheeled things thery're selling. BBB seems to be the answer to everything. "What you need is this BBB cassette, BBB chain, BBB cage, BBB overshoes, BBB iPod*".

So now I'm going to an LBS closer to my work who are also very very nice and really know their stuff.

*BBB iPod is made up!
    Every winner has scars.
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    generally speaking, BBB stuff is quite good [generic rebranded manufactured in Taiwan].
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • bigmug
    bigmug Posts: 58
    Sometime local shops can be a pain. Rumaging through some stuff I found a ticket for a pair of shoes I took to a local coblers 12 years ago. So I thought what the hell and called round - he said they will be ready next week!!!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    bigmug wrote:
    Sometime local shops can be a pain. Rumaging through some stuff I found a ticket for a pair of shoes I took to a local coblers 12 years ago. So I thought what the hell and called round - he said they will be ready next week!!!

with thanks to Ronnie Barker & Lennie Godber - Going Straight circa 1978
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666