done my first woodland ride today

tdcibily
tdcibily Posts: 33
edited November 2007 in MTB beginners
hi all done my first ride today and loved it (fall off twice got covered in mud).
it's was friday woods in colchester essex.
loads of fun.
that is going to hurt in the morning

Comments

• Well done glad you enjoyed it, Thats it though now you know? you'll have to give up all your spare time to ride at every opportunity !!!

Cant beat getting caked in mud, Especially in the Winter! Get back home freezing cold leaving a trail of leaves/sticks and all other stuff the Missus doesn't like. Then get in a nice hot shower, PRICELESS.

I'm riding Macclesfield forest tomorrow morning and looking to get pretty muddy :) minus the falling off with a bit of luck!

www.27gears.com
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • oh yes.
    well i'm picking my new bike up next weekend
    Specialized pitch fsr comp and i cannot wait to get it dirty (hoping to do danbury wood next weekend so any tips.
    as i new to this stuff may help lol
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Glad you enjoyed it. It's so much more fun than road riding (in my opinion)! Since trying offroad i hardly bother with anything else :D
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    I also fell off twice today! I was in Epping Forest. Got caught out by a couple boggy, rooty type bits. Went over the handlebars on the second one. Good job there was nobody around to see me!
  • i'm going to epping in two weeks time
    may see you down there
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    xcracer wrote:
    I also fell off twice today! I was in Epping Forest. Got caught out by a couple boggy, rooty type bits. Went over the handlebars on the second one. Good job there was nobody around to see me!

Two spills for me yesterday too :shock: A 2 hour ride and they both happened within minutes :roll: I'm pretty sore today...
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    tdcibily wrote:
    i'm going to epping in two weeks time
    may see you down there

May well do. I'm there most weekends! Epping is great. The going is getting a bit heavy in places now though. Be prepared to get muddy!
  • i cannot wait.
    just got a few more winter bits to get (to keep me dry)
    bring on the mud
  • Bromski
    Bromski Posts: 239
    Are you allowed to ride in Friday woods on a Saturday?
  • yeah we got there at 7.00am left at about 9.00am