Super lite XC forks from Manitou for weight weenies

harry_jones1984
harry_jones1984 Posts: 1,150
edited November 2007 in XC and Enduro
Hello

just found these Manitou R7 MRD Absolute 2008 giving 100mm travel for 2.8lb (this is amazingly light) they do a lower speced one that weighs the same

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    *Drools* :D
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Apologies for the double post, but are there any reviews on this Fork out there?
  • not that i know of! im sticking with my rebas for now as they're not too much heavier and if i upgrade it'll be to 4.5"ers
  • :!: all xc forks should be brown and crispy

what forks do you think 'look good'
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    That is pretty chuffing light. Is that lighter than the Spinner Aeris?
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • Knowing Manitou I would still stick with my Pace RC39. They work, don’t leak and after sails support is incredible. My last set of R7s went back 3 times and the last time it took over 3 weeks to come back. That is within the last 6 months. It was a joke. There is only .2 of a lb in it as well and that is with a long uncut steerer and full air pressure in the Pace. Not to mention the Pace are stiffer than a bit of boils spaghetti.

You may guess I have not had a good time with Manitous lol
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Knowing Manitou I would still stick with my Pace RC39. They work, don’t leak and after sails support is incredible. My last set of R7s went back 3 times and the last time it took over 3 weeks to come back. That is within the last 6 months. It was a joke. There is only .2 of a lb in it as well and that is with a long uncut steerer and full air pressure in the Pace. Not to mention the Pace are stiffer than a bit of boils spaghetti.

You may guess I have not had a good time with Manitous lol

The Manitous are actually much stiffer I have found.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lightest fork I have ever seen was a custom SID, with ti internals at 960g! Latest SIDS are a bit portly, the MC damper adds a lot of weight, and at only 100g or so lighter than a Reba hardly seem worth it.

RS Indy SL with Englund air carts was very light too.
  • andrew156 wrote:
    The Manitous are actually much stiffer I have found.

You are joking right? or are you not talking about the R7 Manitous? The R7 is a VERY flexible fork. Where as the Pace is actually quite stiff. If any one fancy’s testing this just walk in to your local good bike shop and stick the wheel between your legs and twist the bars and it will give you some indication on how bad they really are.
  • I was under the impression that pace forks were a little bit rubbish do to crap damping? (can anyone clarify this with some testing results or anything?)