sterling scotland

nefubar
nefubar Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in Routes
:D hi iam moving from the north east of England to Scotland a place called head of muir just outside of sterling iam just wondering if any one can give me some ideas of places round there to ride as i have never rode round there before cross country. would be really grateful off some help thanks paul . :D [/list]

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Pedant: There are many Sterlings around Scotland apparently they do expensive furniture.
    End Pedant

Only aware of Carron Valley but anywhere in the fife direction would also interest me.
    Aberdeenshire, Borders and Laggan are too far for a day trip really.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    There are loads of routes around Stirling, Callander and Aberfoyle. Check routes on Stirling MTB Club site - they seem to be very active. Harry Henniker's 101 MTB routes book is your start point.
  • Welcome!

Stirlingbikeclub.org.uk is where you want to go.

Night rides twice a week, Saturday skooshes and Sunday epics on the mass of local singletrack.
    Do tyres look flat on this?
  • DickBarton
    DickBarton Posts: 201
    I used to live in Head of Muir as a kid...access to a few good MTB spots but you will have to ride out or drive to them unless you want to road stretches to warm the legs...also access to the canal which can get you all the way to Glasgow or Edinburgh which might help...

Stirling Bike Club is the place to start though, very helpful folk and knowledgable too (as StirlingCrispin will prove!)
    The Quest for Singletrack is Endless...