Glen Turret Test

Pict
Pict Posts: 108
edited November 2007 in Routes
A few buddies and I are panning on doing the route at Glen Turret, near Crieff. Looks a reasonably straight forward route with a fair bit of climbing up to the 750m contour.
Has anyone out there extended the ride with a wee detour North to the summit of Auchnafree Hill?
Or any general comments about the route?
Ta
Come back with your bike or upon it.

Comments

• woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Haven't done it - but lots of good MTBing according to Memory Map. Let's know what it's like. I'll do it within the next month (but without the high add-on).
  • Pict
    I was having a look at the route on 192.com arial mapping. It looks like there is a rough landrover track that branches up to the top of Auchnafree. Corbett bagging on a MTB.
  • Pict
    Hello,
    I did this route yesterday, with 6 mates. We extended it by starting in Comrie, and following the trails to Turret Dam. There was a group of about 5 MTBers ahead of us, all in matching purple and white(very co-ordinated). Any idea what club they are from?
    It was extremely windy at the top, and it was an effort to stay upright on the bike. The purple and white brigade headed of in an Easterly direction at the end of the big decent, instead of heading back to the Dam. Any idea where they were heading to? One could continue up to the top of Auchnafree, pushing involved. But we were all a bit wind blown and knackered to check it out.
    I'd recommend this route, but go when the wind is a bit lighter.