Cycling story.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
I recently returned from a tour of Canada and a visit to a friend who emigrated there. One night, by a log fire in his forest, I was told the following story:-
A local cyclist had recently gone out for a ride but not returned. A group of people went out along his route to look for him. They searched the roads without finding him. As luck would have it, as they returned to their town, someone noticed his bike down a ditch. A short distance away they also noticed a pile of leaves in the ditch. Under the leaves was the unconcious body of their friend. He had been knocked off his bike by a bear who had hidden the body under the leaves in order to return later and eat it. I'll never worry about a p*****e again!
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    When I toured Canada, a few years ago, a bear charged at one of the folk that on the tour for a peanut and jelly sandwich they were eating. Luckily they were at the top fo a hill and managed to cycle off at top speed unscathed. Scary though. In some areas we were constantly warned about bear sightings and to keep all foods tightly sealed. Needless to say, I didn't see any bears, even when I didn't have my camera on me. :(

Whereabouts were you touring Aggieboy?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Crapaud - toured the Rockies and BC where my friend is building his house on Scalping Knife Mountain near Nakusp.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Aggieboy wrote:
    ... Under the leaves was the unconcious body of their friend. He had been knocked off his bike by a bear who had hidden the body under the leaves in order to return later and eat it. I'll never worry about a p*****e again!
    But what if you got the p*****e just as a bear started chasing you :shock: !
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Crapaud - toured the Rockies and BC where my friend is building his house on Scalping Knife Mountain near Nakusp.
    The Rockies were my favourite part of Canada - the scenery's absolutely stunning. Good roads too which was appreciated when going up smome of the hills.

I loved some of the place names too. We went over 'Kicking Horse Pass' which is named.after...
    James Hector, a naturalist, geologist, and surgeon who was a member of the expedition, was kicked by his horse while exploring the region.
    I shudder to think what happened on 'Scalping Knife Mountain'.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill