Which Club for Sunday rides.

Shavedlegs
Shavedlegs Posts: 310
I usually just go to Richmond Park if I can away on a Sunday morning. I'd like to get into the countryside a bit more and a club ride seems an appropiate way of not getting lost. I also wouldn't mind getting in to the social side a little bit.

But which South London Club?

London Dynamo - the Man Utd of cycling clubs?
Kingston Wheeler - seem very frinedly.
Dulwich Dynamo - the nearest to me (probably)
Norwood Paragon - No idea
Addiscombe Cycle Club - seem very popular.

Comments

• http://www.kingstonwheelers.co.uk/

Everything you want in a club. I live too far away for the club runs and social scene, having moved away a couple of years ago, but they are a very friendly club and cater for all levels of ability.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Er, don't you mean Dulwich Paragon?
  • Dulwich Paragon don't really do a "Sunday Ride". Tends to be the guys who race, riding tempo for a couple of hours or so. Not long enough for a cafe stop either!
  • Come and ride with the Addiscombe

The main clubrun takes place on Saturday mornings but there is often a good ride on Sunday's.

Check out our Forum which is a hive of activity.

Cheers George
  • Shavedlegs, try the KWs.
    The club run gives you a good tour of the Surrey hills, usually splitting into 3 or more groups, - the fastest will normally be out for 4 or 5 hours or so with a 20mph average, and then there'll be a steady 60 mile bunch, and finally a 'got to get home early this week' group for a shorter ride.
    There's often impromptu runs during the week (keep an eye on the forum), as members try to fit a ride around shiftwork, family weekends etc.
    And pub nights....
  • ricadus
    Dulwich Paragon don't really do a "Sunday Ride". Tends to be the guys who race, riding tempo for a couple of hours or so. Not long enough for a cafe stop either!
    That reminds me – now that I've "graduated" from my cross-country skiing class, I should be back on the bike, getting the miles in for Sardinia next spring. I see the weather has deteriorated accordingly! :evil:
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Why not try them all and see which one suits you best.
  • Rich - We need to organise some 5 hour LSD Sunday rides this side of Christmas -going out further into Kent. Otherwise I'm temporarily defecting to Avanti!
  • ricadus
    Came down with a heavy cold yesterday, so probably not going out tomorrow, but certainly next week. Will be in touch.