Top Gear and Long Way Down

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited November 2007 in The Crudcatcher
A good Sunday night viewing for once... anyone see the Lambo Reventon!?!?

OMG what a car - good laughs though with that little blue bubble thingamabob.....

Long way down was cool too - especially Ewan's endeavor to get back in the saddle with a broken ankle!

Looks like it will be a good few weeks TV!

:D

Comments

• never watched long way down but topgear was ace. i have it set as a series link on my sky plus
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    yes 2 good hours of tv in a row. Makes a change.

Long way round was excellent a few years ago, just hope that this journey (DOWN) will be as good.
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    The wee Peel P50 was cool. :lol: Its quite old but hey, i want one!! 8)
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • Amen - proper funny little motor - defo would like to have a little run around in one of those.. :lol:
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    top gear was ace but didnt watch all of long way down
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    really enjoyed long way down last night, hope it's as good as long way round, which I watched on dvd last year.Charley and Ewan seem to have a good chemistry between them for tv.I saw charley's Race to Dakar as well, thought that was good, but didn't have the same fun aspect, as his mate Ewan only came in at the end of the ride.
  • fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    Yeh i loved the Peel Sport version i so want one lol

Also i thought that "Long way down" was fantastic i have finally have a something to watch on TV.
    Theres never anything i am interested in on Telle so i dont bother watching, but two programmes back to back is fab for me while i am enjoying my Sunday night beers lol

Cool finally something to watch ....i bet i'll forget to watch them next week
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • yep - said the same thing to the missus - I am going to have to get her to tape it as I have to go to Paris Sunday for work (bummer!!!)

Yep, it's nice to have some 'man TV' on for a change instead of all of these Kitchen Sink dramas/weepies that they seem to keep churning out!!!

It inspired me to arrange a 5 day bikeride/camping (fire, cold beans, beer) etc in Feb at the Brecons (I must be mad)

Phoned my mate up and said "Right, me and you - four nights biking and camping - beers the whole kit and kaboodle" - he was up for it like a shot!!!!

:lol:
  • fumps
    Sounds good dude go for it !!!

For me & the good lady we have a good comprimise with "Long way Down" as she is a big fan of travelling & i love my motorbikes.....so were are meeting in the middle.

But as i say i bet i forget next week & miss them both
  • Watched both, Iit seems charlie is a bit pissed about Mrs.M tagging along though.

Sky+ gets installed on friday so after crashing the entire sky network I'll try and figure out how to series record it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    Watched both, Iit seems charlie is a bit pissed about Mrs.M tagging along though.

Sky+ gets installed on friday so after crashing the entire sky network I'll try and figure out how to series record it.

dead easy. Just press the red button to record then immediatly press the green button to series record . Brilliant. Well it would be if there was anything on I want to watch.

Not meaning to whinge but the other night I went through every terrestial and Sky B channel and there was not a single program that I could watch ! I had to put an old DVD in

Some nights I have to resort to endless Top gear and Dragon's den repeats with a bit of Documentaries to pad it out. For that I pay £20 sky and £10 tv licence per month :roll: :twisted:

Its all womens progs at the moment
  • Buy lumicycle lights, put fleece under bike jacket. Ride in the dark. Problem solved.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • fumps
    I honestly cant watch TV i've always seen it as something to sit in front of if i'm ill.

There never seems to be anything on other than the latest fad, like House programmes because it's cool to make a fortune out of houses, at the moment.
    Docusoaps seem to have dropped off thank god!!!

But i just turn on the Box sit there & shake my head.

But yeh back to a long way down, I would be a bit annoyed about the others Wife comming they could be seriouly hindered by a learner rider, it is'nt the best idea.
    I can see where the guys comming from, if you love your wife you should want to do stuff together.but riding like that takes skill & experience Both of wich i dont think she has tbh.

Could go badly wrong
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    lol, the sport version of the peel p50. why bohter?!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • ellesse
    ellesse Posts: 103
    ###Spoiler###
    my Gf was reading something which said that top gear will have Richard hammond (sp) racing the other 3 (stig included) to some place in london on a (carbon) bike.
    Be interesting what reviews he gives of the bike :)
  • DId you see it? :D

I loved the way he was giving the 'tech lowdown' for a Spech Sirrus (awful bike) !!! :wink:

He still won it tho - would stil rather have Clarksons boat tho :wink:

Captain slow didn't let us down as always :lol:
  • fumps
    lol

It was class, i was shouting at the hampster.....at one point i caught my gf peddling for him i was rolling with laughter.
  • it really has made me look forward to Sunday evenings. Not a big TV fan but whilst these two are on - sundays are my bignight in (with a stella or two perhaps?) :wink:

Hamster was freaking out at the traffic and when that bird cyclists told him he was too slow as he had bandy legs... LMAO :lol:
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    Obviously, Hammond doesn't like those stinkin buses. :lol: I liked his Fox Flux trail helmet though.
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • bigave
    bigave Posts: 48
    top gear is amazin. one of the best things on tv! :D

long way down is a good watch 2!