Setanta Sports

simon johnson
simon johnson Posts: 1,064
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
I'm wanting to watch Calzaghe Vs Kessler tomorrow, I don't think any pubs will be showing it since it's on at 1am, my only choice is Setanta on the freeview box.

Since I only want to watch this fight, do you think that I'll be ok to cancel the subscription straight after? There's no contract but couldn't find anything relevant on their website.

Thanks.
Where\'s me jumper?

Comments

• PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    To my knowledge, Setanta costs £10.00 a month to sign on, but although there's no 'contract' there is a cancellation fee!!!!!!!!. (I don't know how much)
  • Well, cancelling a subscription looks to be hard work, and not worth it for one boxing match. I'll have to hibernate until my man uploads it on Youtube.

Thanks for the warning postie, that was a close call, the debit card was out and everything.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Get onto Virgin and you can watch it free.

(oops sorry just realised it was last night)

Who won?
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Post the youtube link if you know of a good one will you. Looking forward to seeing it.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I think there's a connection fee as well.

It's pretty annoying as it's taken away some footy away from simple armchair viewing. it's also more expensive that the old premier league season ticket thing sky used to do
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I watched it on Virgin. It's actually a pretty useful channel.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    BT Vision is the way to go - £1.99 for the Calzaghe fight on 'On Demand'. Go Calzaghe!
  • Post the youtube link if you know of a good one will you. Looking forward to seeing it.

I watched it on Youtube last night (spanish commentary) but that clip has been removed. I hear you can download it on 'torrentspy', that's if you're using bitorrent file sharing.

T'was an excellent fight, good boxing by both fighters, Calzaghe might actually get the credit he deserves.
    Where\'s me jumper?