Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    impressive
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Very nice of him. I liked the 'damn kids' tone as well 8)

Btw Clever Pun, does your userpic say 'goatsnake' or am I imagining it?
  • Half the letter was an apology, anyway.

But the other half seemed like a lot of excuses for not having seen the cyclist in question.
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    "I failed to see the cyclist until the very last moment when I saw his rear red light and stopped only inches from him."

The rear light should have been visible from a long way back, the cyclist is probably using the same batteries as last year. However, even unlit cyclists wearing black can be seen if you're looking out for them.

"In some of the local schools the sixth formers have chosen black as their school uniform."

School uniforms tend to be dark, that is not something the kids or parents choose.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • A - W
    A - W Posts: 253
    Maybe someone should recommend he does his advanced driving test. :wink::lol:
    FCN 10
  • I work in Oxford and at lunch time read a whole load of moans about cyclists without lights in the local rag web site. That evening on the way home some tw@ nearly ran into the back of me at a roundabout even though I had two leds, one flashing, one constant.

I think there is a case of sometimes being safer when a motorist is moaning "look at him with no lights"