Gloves

Aesza
Aesza Posts: 13
edited November 2007 in MTB buying advice
For XC cycling+dirt jumping, which gloves would be best for £30 or less...I've heard sixsix one CG-2 and sixsixone descends/nasty are O.K but i'd just like to know what would be best suited; good grip and good airflow for hot days..

thx :)

Comments

• papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    for XC spesh BG Ridge are good, and I'm really liking my Fox sinderwinders at the mo, but htey might be a bit hot for summer..
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    BG ridge or Troy Lee for me.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Another Spesh BG Ridge (long finger) fan here!

Comfy, long lasting & cheap!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I've got some race face gloves and they are good, used to use 661 gloves and they were good too.
  • Me and the gf are both using 661 gloves (full finger) , can fault them after a years use and they were never too hot in the summer.
    Scott Scale Custom
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09729.jpg

Kona Coilair 2007 Dark Peak Destroyer
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09727.jpg

"BOCD - If it aint perfect it aint good enough"
  • I have the 661 desend gloves, haven't had them long but i do like them alot. There not great for cold weather though, gotta get something else for the cold days.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    My Shadow Conspiracy (A well known BMX brand) gloves have served my very well from sweaty skateparks to harsh street riding with a healthy dose of off-road riding too. Airflow is good and they're nice and grippy. They're tough too due to the kevlar reinforcement. Mine are about 3 years old now though so I think it's time to change them as they're quite grimey and are now beggining to show signs of wear... 3 years froma pair of gloves is good if you ask me though.

I'm thinking of some TSG Beams to replace them. They look awesome. Loads of grip due to the silicone palm and they seem nice and light too, so hopefully not too sweaty.

Shadow Conspiracy Gloves (2007)

TSG Beam Gloves (2007)

I've tried various 661gloves but wasnt keen on the MX styling... just me being fickle though :roll:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8