Ipod bike mount: oversize bars

newbie_cyclist
newbie_cyclist Posts: 202
edited November 2007 in Workshop
Hi
Does anyone know where I can get a mount for my ipod (nano) that will fit oversize (31.8) handlebars?

thanks

Comments

• thats for narrow diameter handlebars though.
    mine are 31.8.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    If you don't mind a semi permanent solution, then I reckon the ibikemount (above) will ziptie to the stem very nicely.
    Rich
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The bracket for the ibikemount is the same as that used for the S-Sun lights. IIRC, if you take out the loose rubber piece inside the clamp, it will fit oversized bars. The clamp toogle itself is also (slightly) adjustable for diameter.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    I really can't see why you would want a bikemount for an mp3 player of any kind.....it's better off in your pocket or an armband. That way it's more protected, you don't have wires dangling from your ears to the bars and you don't have to pay for a bikemount.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    I really can't see why you would want a bikemount for an mp3 player of any kind.....it's better off in your pocket or an armband. That way it's more protected, you don't have wires dangling from your ears to the bars and you don't have to pay for a bikemount.

Maybe so that you can watch video on the turbo?? I do it quite regularly. :)
  • i want the bike mount rather than armband/pocket because i want to attach ipod+ mini speaker rather than listen thru headphones.

i dont want a speaker strapped to my arm! and it would be muffled in my pocket.
    attached to the handlebars, facing towards me would be perfect!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    i want the bike mount rather than armband/pocket because i want to attach ipod+ mini speaker rather than listen thru headphones.

i dont want a speaker strapped to my arm! and it would be muffled in my pocket.
    attached to the handlebars, facing towards me would be perfect!

Unless it rained?

Strava is not Zen.
  • ummm....
    maybe i need a waterproof ipod holder for oversize bike bars
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    get a luggage rack and some bungee cords and put a boom-box on the back. Sorted.

Or just leave the music at home and listen to nature ?
  • yeah i know
    i do the nature thing a lot but now and then some music would be nice