SRAM

martins2463
martins2463 Posts: 51
edited November 2007 in Workshop
http://willyoumaketheleap.com/

Anyone using SRAM Force or red, interested in any feedback or reports regarding any issues,

Comments

• On force after 15 years on Campag.

Shifts well easy to use Can't fault really.

Make the leap and you'll love it.

Ps easiest groupset I've ever set up as well
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • I seem to remember reading that the SRAM groupset has had some shifting problems but the Red version has sorted this out.

I must say that when I have tested the SRAM shifting in my LBS I was impressed.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I was talking to some fellas in a shop the other day and they reckoned RED was decent enough but far too expensive, 1 of them reckoned you could get 2 Dura Ace gruppos for the same price. I nearly had RED fitted on my new bike but was talked out of it becuase it's still first generation: "let other people be the guinea pigs this year..." I went for Campy in the end because ultimately you know what you're gonna get with campy, and it's not £1500 for the gruppo. Also heard a rumour that one of the reasons Millar left Saunier was because he disliked the SRAM gruppo so much.
  • Is the rear SRAM cassette fitting Shimano?
  • Is the rear SRAM cassette fitting Shimano?

I'm not a SRAM user, but as far as I know, yes - the splines are the same. Dunno whether the sprocket spacings are compatible, though.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Never used any of the kit myself, but the original group sets looked okay, if a trifle pricey. As for the RED stuff, I won't be tempted to stray from my Shimano Dura-Ace rig which is working smooth as ever :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!