Recommend me a frame..

J_Anderson
J_Anderson Posts: 616
edited October 2007 in Workshop
Hi there,

I'm looking for a frame to replace my 2004 Roubaix one. I am after something a wee bit lighter and more responsive. I'm wondering if I really need a more relaxed frame geometry (the headtube on my roubaix is huge!!) or if I can set up any bike to be comfortable... Surely if it's carbon fibre too then that'll take a lot of the road buzz out?

I mostly ride short, intensive bursts due to time constraints - a 2hr blast is a regular ride with occasional longer rides at the weekend, perhaps 4-6hrs. The road surfaces where I ride are pretty shifty though so comfort will be a factor.

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

J

Hills are only as steep as you want them to be.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Planet X Superlight Team .
  • gb1
    gb1 Posts: 93
    edited October 2007
    Dolan carbon? I have 2 Dolan's and have been extremely pleased with them both.
    Not too expensive, great ride quality and don't look bad either!
  • +1 on the px superlight team. fantastic frame.

i think the price shaggers website is still doing them for 200 squids. bargain!
    ========================================
    http://itgoesfasterwhenitmatches.blogspot.com/
  • HarryB
    HarryB Posts: 197
    Depends how much you want to spend
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    HarryB wrote:
    Depends how much you want to spend

It doesn't.
    Recommend me a frame means just that.Nothing else.
    Recommend me a frame under x£'s would have been the question if that's what the OP had wished to inquire
  • aracer
    aracer Posts: 1,649
    In which case Cervelo SLC-SL (or maybe Pinarello Prince) :D
  • I'm not worried about cash at the moment, just looking for ideas! I know a little about road bike frames but not too much beyond the big brands. I'm lookig for people to put me onto something interesting!

Hills are only as steep as you want them to be.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Arguably THE best bike there is, the Serotta Ottrott. Every review heaps praise on the bike. It's Ti/Carbon,it's custom and arguably the last bike you'll buy. I know 2 people who have them and they say they would only change to another serotta. Still, that Prince.........
    M.Rushton
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Check out Storck bikes on the links below.

http://www.poshbikes.com/

http://www.storck-bicycle.de/index.html

Dont take my word for it as I am biased but if money is no object and you want a light frame but still stiff and responsive then look no further. A big plus also is that they are not common and when you turn up for an event or just on the road they are sure to turn heads.
    Brian B.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    mrushton wrote:
    Arguably THE best bike there is, the Serotta Ottrott. Every review heaps praise on the bike. It's Ti/Carbon,it's custom and arguably the last bike you'll buy. I know 2 people who have them and they say they would only change to another serotta. Still, that Prince.........

If I had spent that much dosh on a frame - I'd be waxing lyrical about it too. Personally I couldnt justify that amount on one frame unless it did the pedalling for me too. And tea in the morning would be nice too.