Kellogg's cycle stuff-free bike computer & Halfords disc

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
First up I loathe Kelloggs stuff. (apart from maybe all bran) but I enounter various forms of kelloggity at work.

Anyway, I picked up some 'free cyclometer' emblazoned box in horrified fascination (a CYCLOMETER?) - you can save tokens for some deformed bike computer. But, there's a website http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/cyclometer/ with links to okay looking route map pdf aimed at kids,, which look okay (if you've got kids that is).

But if you encounter a physical box, there's a 10% off token for Halfords you can cut out. Which is nice.

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...oh god, I loathe Halfords...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    the money off thingy is for a ''free bike safety check''

which has shown that both my bikes are unsafe, apparently
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I'm sure there was two tokens, and one was for the ten per cent off - I looked again yesterday :shock: This was on the frostie bar things...

As for halfords, yep they suck monkeys, but wasn't some one (in some other topic) going get a halfords bike?

Sorry for boring-ness!
  • RossC
    RossC Posts: 38
    I've got one of the free Cornflake-o-meters, handy for knowing my average speed (commonly 11mph) and max speed (28.5 mph allegedly). It'll be interesting to know if adjusting my sitting position will change things (it's a bent). Rather uselessly, it tells me how many turns I've ever made
  • RossC wrote:
    Rather uselessly, it tells me how many turns I've ever made

Leaving you to work out the diameter of your tyres and then multiply that by the rotations to get your distance. Almost useful!