sidekick views

Syncros
Syncros Posts: 141
edited October 2007 in MTB buying advice
i've got the chance of getting a 2nd hand sidekick for ~£500. It's got hayes discs, xt rear mech + shifter, middleburn cranks, DJ2's and an mrp chain device, all in a pretty good condition (only a few chips on the down tube).

What do you think?

oh, and i've currently got a specialized hr pro (about 4 years old, bushing gone on mz comps, all stock apart from azonic bars. Pretty rubbish, and i'm a bit wary of doing anything bigger than 4ft to flat as the fork's probably gonna break)
<font size="1">........@_..........
.......,>/`_........
......(o)\(o)......</font id="size1">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<font size="1">
<i>Originally posted by pro_matt_hoffman</i>
i had a loose BB aswell but my mum is a pro welder and she welded them in for me so they dont move</font id="size1">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Comments

• Syncros
    edited October 2007
    bump, here's the full spec
    It's 2 years old btw

DMR seat post and clamp
    24seven seat
    Tioga short stem
    Gold pro taper bars
    ODI lock on grips
    XT shifter
    Hayes HFX 6 disc brakes (front and back) been serviced by Edinburgh bike co op 28/04/2007
    Marzocchi Dirt jumper 3 forks (100mm)
    XT front hub laced onto Mavic 521 rim
    Gold hope titanium quick release(front and back)
    Middleburn cranks
    MRP world cup
    XT rapid rise rear mech
    Azonic A frame pedals
    DMR revolver rear hub laced onto sun double wide
    .......,>/`_........
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    <font size="1">
    i had a loose BB aswell but my mum is a pro welder and she welded them in for me so they dont move</font id="size1">
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Sounds like a nice bike but I reckon you could get a new bike with similar spec for that money, like a Specialized P2 Cromo.

Look in the Dirt Jumping Section as there's loads of bike suggestion threads ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Syncros
    that's what i was thinking too, what price would you expect for that sort of spec?
    .......,>/`_........
    <font size="1">
  • There are some pretty expensive bits in that list (middleburn cranks being very pricy), the only iffy point is probably the fork. Not bad, but it's dfinitely the budget of the marzocchis. If it's all in good condition, then i'd say haggle them down a fair bit and see what they say.
    New bikes for that price will be good, but the specs will all be a bit bargain basement, especially if you go for a geared bike.