JJB cheapie flourescent jackets

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited October 2007 in Commuting chat
I've seen a couple of people wearing them, and as a moth-wallet the thought of a cheap 'n' cheerful appeals :lol: , so I can look like EVERYONE ELSE on a bike in London (with the inevitable exception of the Dark Lord BentMikey :wink: )

Anyhoo, are they any good? I see they're only a tenner now... 8)

BTW: smiley on here aren't that good...:mrgreen:

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    get one off ebay from stelios, 99p

im probably going to get one and then stitch new velcro into it so that it is tighter rather than baggy!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I refuse to wear those.... just can't bring myself to do it.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    It's not just bentmikey. I wear all black in the winter as well!! weird how I don't wear black in the summer though!!!!!
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    SecretSam wrote:
    the Dark Lord BentMikey :wink: )

Chuffed!! Fankoo!!!
  • secretsam
    BentMikey wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    the Dark Lord BentMikey :wink: )

Chuffed!! Fankoo!!!

Aha, I have drawn the Dark Lord from his lair with my cunning Jedi mindtrick...

(can anyone tell I'm having a boring day in the office? :lol: )

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Even decathlon are doing dark lord winter tops - OK reflective 'bits' everywhere....

I
  • Plax
    Plax Posts: 33
    I've got one I bought for running in the evenings. I've just started commuting to work these last few months and have been wearing it. It's ok I like it, makes me seen. It isn't waterproof though....... One of my work colleagues said that she spotted me from a distance quite easily, but not the other plonker (her words not mine!) just wearing black a little further on.
    As it is rubbish in the rain I've been wearing my Altura Nevis jacket, that is grey with reflective stripes, so don't know how visable that is going to be on these dark nights (unfortunately not been cycling since before the clocks went back as I have chest infection). I was thinking of getting a JJB reflective gillet a size too big for me, to wear over my Altura jacket in the rain, but I think that might just make me look like a numpty.

So all in all the JJB jacket is good for under a tenner, unless it is raining. If it isn't raining and it's cold I put a warm jersey on underneath as it isn't much of a windstopper either. It can pack quite small to stick in your rucksack too.
  • secretsam
    Right...so it's no good in the rain and doesn't keep the wind out...bit of a non-starter, then, I'll stick to my horrid pond-algae green cheapie from Milletts with a builder's reflective bib on top...like the suave b :shock: gger I am... :oops: 8)

• Plax
    Plax Posts: 33
    Right...so it's no good in the rain and doesn't keep the wind out...bit of a non-starter, then, I'll stick to my horrid pond-algae green cheapie from Milletts with a builder's reflective bib on top...like the suave b gger I am...

Yeah that pretty much sums it up :D

To be fair in the drizzle it is okay (I suppose you could class it has showerproof), if it's heavy rain then it's rubbish. I tend to wear mine when it's not raining as I "feel" safer thinking that I am somewhat more visable to the traffic! [/quote]