Pompino Canti brakes

scapaslow
scapaslow Posts: 305
edited October 2007 in Road general
I've always been unhappy with the stopping power of these brakes and need to sort it out for the onset of the winter season.. I've checked with my LBS that they are setup as well as can be.

The question is will a new set of brake blocks/pads help sufficiently or do i really need a new set of brakes? Any recommendations for pads/brakes would be appreciated.

I have a voucher for wiiggle to use up and had a look at their site. The only cantis seem to be Avid Shorty 4 or 6. Would either of these fit the bike given the term 'shorty'? The Tektro Oryx are discontinued in silver unfortunately.

Comments

• Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    Try SJS Cycles on Ebay for a set of Suntour canti's. You can pick them up for a song and apparently they are quite highly regarded.

I changed the ones on my Tricross Sport and they were a great improvement. I also fitted Koolstop red pads as well and that improved them further.

Hope that helps.

Gary
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • scapaslow wrote:
    I've always been unhappy with the stopping power of these brakes and need to sort it out for the onset of the winter season.. I've checked with my LBS that they are setup as well as can be.

The question is will a new set of brake blocks/pads help sufficiently or do i really need a new set of brakes? Any recommendations for pads/brakes would be appreciated.

I have a voucher for wiiggle to use up and had a look at their site. The only cantis seem to be Avid Shorty 4 or 6. Would either of these fit the bike given the term 'shorty'? The Tektro Oryx are discontinued in silver unfortunately.

I replaced mine with mini Vs just make sure theyll work with the levers (pull the correct amount of cable) still abit of a bugger to set up but much better braking!