Pat McQuaid - Legend!

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2007 in Pro race
This may anger you.

http://www.thepulse2007.org/?p=73

Well, I did warn you.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    I'm bemused. Is this a serious article or an early/late April Fool? Talk about burying your head in the sand and rose tinted spectacles - if its a serious article then pro road cycling has no way out of its present predicament with McQuaid in charge!!!.
  • iainf72
    If you're feeling brave, there is a pile of audio stuff there too....

McQuaid needs to go though.
  • iainf72
  • Maybe he is a bumbling fool then. I expected better of him when he took control of the UCL.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I like this quote:

”Maybe I have just been unlucky, because I have been on six teams, and on all six there has been organized doping,” Jaksche said.

One of those six teams he has ridden for is Tinkoff. Given the way Mr Tinkoff has been about kicking out the riders who turned out to be dopers I was hoping that they were possibly clean.
  • iainf72
    squired wrote:
    One of those six teams he has ridden for is Tinkoff. Given the way Mr Tinkoff has been about kicking out the riders who turned out to be dopers I was hoping that they were possibly clean.

He's mentioned stuff on all the other teams but not Tinkoff.

But what is becoming clearer and clearer is this smokescreen of "it's done by individuals" is absolute nonsense.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:

But what is becoming clearer and clearer is this smokescreen of "it's done by individuals" is absolute nonsense.

So if people like JJ, Basso and Ulrich were using Fuentes and getting organised doping from their teams, it follows that the teams were in direct contact with Fuentes and using his serivces as part of their strategy. In which case T-Mobile & CSC should get a 4 year ban from competition and be stripped of their Protour licence.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    Timoid. wrote:
    So if people like JJ, Basso and Ulrich were using Fuentes and getting organised doping from their teams, it follows that the teams were in direct contact with Fuentes and using his serivces as part of their strategy. In which case T-Mobile & CSC should get a 4 year ban from competition and be stripped of their Protour licence.

Maybe.

I'm wondering about how much the businesses involved knew about the practises of their teams. I strongly suspect they knew and made it clear that they're on their own if they get caught.
  • I reckon that's about right, although the landscape is changing and some of those sponsors might be re-evaluating that approach. McQuaid is showing himself to be in denial, until he gets his head around the fact that there is a problem I doubt anything will be solved. Wonder what Gripper makes of it.
  • Either there is lots of political manouevering behind the scenes we aren't party to or some of the top brass in the UCI are incompetent.

IMO.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    OT from original post but saw it on that site

http://www.thepulse2007.org/?p=75

As bad as cycling problems are this takes the effects of organised doping to a new low.

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Pat McQuaid appears to be like many of the pros who get busted, even when presented with overwhelming evidence against them, they continue to live in denial, "I didn't dope, those drugs were for my dog/mother-in-law".