phil liggett

david12656
david12656 Posts: 32
edited October 2007 in Pro race
is it just me anyone else think mr leggitt wants dopeing to stop in cycling does he not realise that if all the major sponsers pull out of a drug fueled sport there will be no big races no profesional racers ill still buy cycling plus just have to stop reading his contribution christ he gets on my tits

Comments

• NlEDERMEYER
    NlEDERMEYER Posts: 1,343
    Liggett is an arse. He's been at the heart of cycling for the last 20 years at least - he either knew what was going on or is a complete knob-end. Every time somebody spoke out Liggett would dismiss it as sour grapes, and carried on licking the backsides of just about every dirty rider. Cock.
    Bulbous also tapered
  • NlEDERMEYER
    NlEDERMEYER Posts: 1,343
    I didn't write fool by the way. I wrote the female version of hen. But knob is okay apparently.
    Bulbous also tapered
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    david12656 wrote:
    is it just me anyone else think mr leggitt wants dopeing to stop in cycling does he not realise that if all the major sponsers pull out of a drug fueled sport there will be no big races no profesional racers ill still buy cycling plus just have to stop reading his contribution christ he gets on my tits

Does he bother you as much as punctuation clearly does?

:D

It's his bread and butter, and getting access to riders for his crew is part of the deal. Calling someone a "dog blood using freak" isn't going to get him anywhere. The media are as much a part of the system as the riders, DS's and dodgy doctors.

In his position, you'd do the same.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I think that to accept that there is doping in cycling might mean that Liggett couldn't gush about Armstong each month. He's like a love-struck teenager!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I didn't write fool by the way. I wrote the female version of hen. But knob is okay apparently.

Now are you sure you've got this right.
    A female version of hen? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    What happens if you write cockstop then delete stop in an edit.

What happens if you write cock then delete stop in an edit.
  • Anonymous
    Erm doesn't work. :cry:
  • BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    he either knew what was going on or is a complete knob-end.

Surely quote of the year? :D
  • Your Right about Liggett, and Sherwin for that matter too...they are commentating to a british audience when the tour is on....but i think american tv use the footage and the 2 of them get the American dictionary out and start their pish Oh how great is Lance..Oh we love US.Postal .Discovery Channel....Watch out next year they will be creaming themselves now Bruyneel has taken over at ASTANA...all we Need to hear now is BIG George Hincapie....does sherwin not bust your chops the way he Puts the word TEAM in front of every sponsor......Team Quickstep Team Le Francais de jeux......we will have them calling it FALL now instead of Autumn and CAMPY in stead of Campagnolo.....give us Duffield anyday these 2 are mince.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Your Right about Liggett, and Sherwin for that matter too...they are commentating to a british audience when the tour is on....but i think american tv use the footage and the 2 of them get the American dictionary out and start their pish Oh how great is Lance..Oh we love US.Postal .Discovery Channel....Watch out next year they will be creaming themselves now Bruyneel has taken over at ASTANA...all we Need to hear now is BIG George Hincapie....does sherwin not bust your chops the way he Puts the word TEAM in front of every sponsor......Team Quickstep Team Le Francais de jeux......we will have them calling it FALL now instead of Autumn and CAMPY in stead of Campagnolo.....give us Duffield anyday these 2 are mince.

Other way around, actually.

And you were going quite well until that travesty of a final sentence.
  • Sorry AXF but not many left in the way of Commentators....there is always David " a WEENY bit Harmon ????? or god forbid that dreadfull Kristie ANDERSON how annoyling Bad was she....but you agree with me about liggett and Sherwin well thats a Bonus :D
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Harmon is the best, but I agree, his over-use of the word "weeny" is a little unsettling. I never really hated Anderson as much as other people on this (and the old) forum did, but it doesn't matter any more, because she's been shipped out in favour of a newer, younger model (Emma Davies). I quite like her too.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    In Sweden ( in case you ever need to know :wink: ) we are blessed with an Italian/Swede called Roberto Vachi. compared to all the guys and gals above he is really good - informed and informative. He also manages hasty translation/summaries of those irritating little snippet interviews they show when the cycling is boring. I've heard Ligget & Duffers on odd occasions - they both make me wince!
    so now you know!
    :)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    does sherwin not bust your chops the way he Puts the word TEAM in front of every sponsor......

I love the irony in a basically anti-American rant having an American expression in it.

Good work fella.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.