What body armour to get?

SOPHIELIZZIE
SOPHIELIZZIE Posts: 5
edited October 2007 in MTB beginners
Can anyone recommend any Knee/Shin and Elbow Protectors? Have been looking at getting sixsixone race protectors (not racelite ones) but am wondering if they may be too hot with the foam sock bit ?

[Admin] Please do not SHOUT.[/Admin]

Comments

• in the wire
    in the wire Posts: 79
    edited October 2007
    a mate uses brand-x and he's happy
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    661 Veggie's are pretty good for trail use.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    i use raceface knee/shin pads, good protection, fairly light and keeps cool....only downside is they are quite bulky and set me back £62 :o ....
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    jacktheoc wrote:
    i use raceface knee/shin pads, good protection, fairly light and keeps cool....only downside is they are quite bulky and set me back £62 :o ....

Check out www.chainreactioncycles.co.uk - at this time of year you'll get some REAL bargains. Race Face Rally FR leg guards for £39 anyone? Race Face pads regularly get top marks in the magazines - they are comfortable and extremely secure. The leg guards actually sit on top of your foot so they don't slide down. They're great in cold weather too because they keep your knees and shins warm.

Only downer with them is they are a bit sweaty in summer but if you pick and choose when you wear them you shouldn't go far wrong.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Brand X mk2 knee/shin guards are very good for the (really very little) money. Comfy too, and I've not found them all that sweaty. Sizing can be a problem though...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=10172
  • i have the kona shin/knee gaurds-they are really flexable and easy to ride in!
    make sure they r comfy when you try them on...i brought some and ended up selling them before i have ridden with them because i haved them so much!
    Vix xx xx
  • I use Veggie wraps for knees and chicken wings for elbows and although they do get a little hot in the Summer they are well worth it for the peace of mind while riding, Plus they keep you warm during the winter.

(then again, what part of you doesn't get hot and sweaty during the summer? You're gloves, shoes, back, head etc, so is really such a problem?)

Hope this helps.

www.27gears.com
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!