Waterloo Road

SteveR_100Milers
SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
edited October 2007 in The bottom bracket
What clueless drivel... :roll:

I'm not a teacher, but wife is as well as 3 friends including one head. This series is really beginning to annoy me to the point that I'm sure that it's been written by some politcial subversive trying to undermine our confidence in the education system, it really is that bad! teachers condoning fraudulent sales of raffle tickets so that their girly footy team can play in a new strip followed by the head giving his own holiday tickets away to appease angry parents!! Sorry I feel a soapbox moment coming on.... :oops:

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Look bclosely at your TV set - it probably has an off switch
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    spen666 wrote:

Yes it may well do, but the point being made is other people who don't know any better won't use it.
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • spen666
    Salsiccia wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Yes it may well do, but the point being made is other people who don't know any better won't use it.

Is it?

The OP was complaining [quoteThis series is really beginning to annoy me [/quote]

Well it is simply a FICTIONAL drama and is not meant to be a factual representation of what is really happening in schools.

If the fictional programme annoys you, then the easiest way to avoid being annoyed is not to watch it.

Twittering @spen_666
  • I dont watch it out of personal choice - my wife does out of professional interest. I am perfectly capable of turning an electrical appliance off, as it happens I watch very little TV "drama" on the basis that most of it is clueless drivel. The fact that is IS drivel and sends the wrong mesage out is what annoys me - it's irresponsible use of media. It's a question is whether such irresponsibiilty should be tolerated, simply turning off the TV is as good as taking that view.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    The BBC really does have a problem here.

When I watched Holby City et al I thought that life in the NHS was mainly having passionate sex with pretty Nurses in laundry rooms, offices, wards, cars, and even occasionally on beds. Once in a while you have to see a patient, but the sex is far more common.

This has never happened (well -once) so I am going to sue the BBC for misrepresentation of the NHS as a career
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • spen666
    I dont watch it out of personal choice - my wife does out of professional interest. I am perfectly capable of turning an electrical appliance off, as it happens I watch very little TV "drama" on the basis that most of it is clueless drivel. The fact that is IS drivel and sends the wrong mesage out is what annoys me - it's irresponsible use of media. It's a question is whether such irresponsibiilty should be tolerated, simply turning off the TV is as good as taking that view.

It is a FICTIONAL programme

Perhaps we should ban all fiction on the basis its not true and is sending out untrue messages about the situations portrayed

Twittering @spen_666
  • Just because its fictional doesnt mean it can be irresponsible! And if its not a "realistic" drama then what is its' point? As for Holby City et al its so obviously a soap opera it doesnt require any analysis nor comparison.
  • Cunobelin
    Just because its fictional doesnt mean it can be irresponsible! And if its not a "realistic" drama then what is its' point? As for Holby City et al its so obviously a soap opera it doesnt require any analysis nor comparison.

Noooooooo!

It's not real?

Does that mean that I've chosen the wrong career and I am actually going to have an inactive sex life and have to see patients!
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cunobelin wrote:
    Just because its fictional doesnt mean it can be irresponsible! And if its not a "realistic" drama then what is its' point? As for Holby City et al its so obviously a soap opera it doesnt require any analysis nor comparison.

Noooooooo!

It's not real?

Does that mean that I've chosen the wrong career and I am actually going to have an inactive sex life and have to see patients!

Possibly..you could keep troughing in the medicine cabinet which would at least perpetuate the myth of pleasure....
  • Cunobelin
    Yeah, but.............................

It's still not quite the same as spending a couple of hours in a laundry room with a pretty nurse as "advertised".
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cunobelin wrote:
    Yeah, but.............................

It's still not quite the same as spending a couple of hours in a laundry room with a pretty nurse as "advertised".

Interesting idea - so why isnt everyone trying to become a Dr..? I assume they are not hence the need to "import" some. Or am I confusing this with the shortage of nurses, which might explain why that very reason... :wink: