Pedal advice please.

damors
damors Posts: 12
edited October 2007 in MTB beginners
Hello all. I am in need of some new pedals and was wondering the options. I dont wear spd shoes, just normal trainers. I'm still a newbie so I am worried about getting free of them if I'm heading for a faceplant. I have been looking ant the DMR V8 pedals. Do you think this is a good option for a beginner or do you think its best to go straight to the clipless type? (deep end fashion)

Cheers in advance.

Damo

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    V8's are pretty good, Wellgo Magnesium pedals are roughly the same price if you look on eBay.

Start with normal (flat) pedals, build up your skills, then if you feel the need go clipless.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • damors
    Excellent. Cheers for the quick answer. Had a look on ebay but none there, only shops. £22 buys me some DMR from CRC. Thatnks alot for your quick reply.

Damo
  • Dan.hkr
    Dan.hkr Posts: 68
    yea dmr v8s great choice, even halfords know that! you can get em from there for £22 also.
    Enjoy the simple things in life
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    I started out with V8's i was amazed with the difference over the standard heaps of crap that came with the bike.
  • damors
    V8's it is then. My bike has come with Wellgo plastice things and while out on a technical bit of my local ride I felt one of them go. Couldn't see anything wrong with it but doesn't fill me with much confidence. What about the stories of pins dropping out? is this true? I not that bothered if its only 1 or 2 but as long as they all dont drop out.
  • Dan.hkr
    Dan.hkr Posts: 68
    1 of my pins fell out on the 1st ride but it was my fault for not checking they where all tight befor the ride...d'oh! still definatley reccomend they really are as sticky to your feet as chewing gum in your hair! go get some!
    Enjoy the simple things in life