Bike Hire in Valencia Area

Lightbox
Lightbox Posts: 30
edited October 2007 in Tour & expedition
At the weekend I'm off to Spain for a week, staying about 50km south of Valencia, on the coast near Gandia. Anyone know of a bike hire place in that area, so I can feed my addiction while others waste their time on sun-beds?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Heard of Google?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thanks for the response, I have heard of Google.

I was hoping to get input from cyclists who have used a bike hire shop, and could supply useful feedback on their experience, good, bad or otherwise.

I'll try again: does anyone have any useful responses to my query?
  • I seem to remember reading about an English guy in Denia who runs CostaBlancaTours, or some name like that. They do training weeks for sportives, etc. I think they do bike hire as well.
  • You could send an e-mail to:

CICLOS BENAVENT
    Sant Rafael, 74
    46701 GANDIA (VALENCIA)

Only 5 mins from the railway station.

Their website states they rent out bicycles
    http://ciclosbenavent.com/shop/contact_us.php

Picture of shop - looks pretty comprehensive
    http://www.ciclosbenavent.com/fotostienda.html

No website, but they also rent bicycles
    RAFAEL ABAD S.A.
    Sant Vicent Ferrer, 49
    46702 GANDIA (VALENCIA)
    The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.
  • Thanks very much for those suggestions, I will investigate all, and let you know how I get on.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    TOURIST-INFO PLAYA P. Neptuno 45 46730 P. Gandia 96 284 24 07 96 284 52 17 mail
    TOURIST-INFO DE GANDIA A. Marques de Campo S/N 46701 Gandia 96 287 77 88 96 286 55 77 mail
    PATRONAT DE TURISME C. Carmelita Rita 46701 Gandia 96 295 94 95 96 295 94 87
    CASA DE VALENCIA MADRID P. Pintor Rosales 58 28008 Madrid 91 549 84 01 91 543 40 93

I would phone the tourist information and ask in person.An e mail might work, but sometimes you need to be polite and chat to the lady at the desk to get the best info.
    I find bike shops in spain hard to find on the web, but they are there in the town.
    TerryJ
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Megilleland, thanks for those addresses, I found a shop called El Valenciano in Oliva very near the apartment, but they were closing for the holidays that day, so I then tried the shops in Gandia, and the second on your list was still open. I hired a venerable road bike with tube shifters for 12 Euros for 2 days, and got it up a pretty decent climb in the hills above Villalonga, although without it's bottom 2 gears, which made life interesting. They also lent me a saddle pack, spare tube and levers for no extra charge.

I also hired a hybrid bike from the Oliva shop the day before, and found a nice circuit around the orange groves in the hills around Oliva, ending up at a place called Forma where I had lunch near an old sandstone fort, on a warm sunny day, unfortunately the only one before the weather gradually detioriated, until yesterday when we had gale force winds and torrential rain, thereby curtailing the cycling, but allowing for a day in Valencia, where the sun returned, and chocolate was consumed in various forms.

Thanks again to all for the helpful responses.