disk brake set

pashd
pashd Posts: 25
edited November 2007 in MTB beginners
i am looking for a set of disk brakes (front and rear) including disks for a max of £50 is there anything on the market if so please tell me

Comments

• jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    you will probs have to get second hand fpr that money, have a look on ebay for some magura julies you might be able to get some for about £50.... otherwise put in wanted ads in bikeradar,pinkbike and southerndownhill
  • fabienno1
    fabienno1 Posts: 406
    http://tinyurl.com/2s8xel These are probably you're best bet.
    <hr>

Do what you fear, you won\'t regret it.

You are only as brave as your skill level.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    pashd wrote:
    i am looking for a set of disk brakes (front and rear) including disks for a max of £50 is there anything on the market if so please tell me

Are your wheels disc ready? If not you'll have to budget for new wheels too...

And I take it that your frame and forks have the correct mounts...?

For £50 your deffo looking and second hand and to be honest I wouldn't touch second hand brakes with a very long pointy stick. Bear in mind that very often they can be the difference between an enjoyable ride and a quick visit to casualty.

IMHO you would be better off saving your pennies for a bit and buying new when you can afford it.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • To be honest, a £50 set of V's would perform better than the same spent on discs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.