The Sunday Times - Backpedaller

PostieJohn
PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
edited October 2007 in The bottom bracket
I was initally very pleased that the Sunday Times driving section, (basically just a vehicle for Clarkson) expanded to include gadgets, outdoor persuits, and most importantly cycling.
But blimey Ben Laurance's column is so dull.

I thought I'd give him a fair chance. Sure, if you're starting a new column in a national newspaper, I guess you do need to start at the beginning.

This week is spent droning on that The Cycle Show only had flashy, top end, expensive, bikes. And nothing that catered for dish water, paint drying, dullards:-

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/li ... 690556.ece

As with any show of this kind, dare I say The Motor Show, no one in their right mind is going to run past the Ferrari stand in order to catch a glimpse at what's on offer at Hyundai.

In fairness to the paper, there is a very good 2 pages on this years Etape, which I managed to stay awake to read, dispite having Ben's written sedative pulling my eye lids down.

Rant over, and relax.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Ben isn't the normal Backpedaller columnist, so probably explains the distinct lack of content. I thought L'etape article was worse - take three guys who haven't ridden bikes for long, haven't trained enough and epitimise the 'have-a-go' Brit etapist - and guess what, they either got broom-wagoned or finished outside the time cut! Really goes to confirm that L'etape is the one to avoid because of unconscious incompentents like these.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    At least it's some column inches for the sport though, irrespective of whether it is penned by thundering morons :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What a bizarre column - i wonder if he went to the show.