British Superteam formed?

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited October 2007 in Pro race
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/r ... team-12782

I think it is good news. I love the Rapha Condor and Recycling teams because they are plucky Brits.

With them and Plowman Craven we could be on our way back to the heady days of the Ever Ready/Halfords vs Raleigh/Banana era :D

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Blimey, the name's a bit of a mouthful.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I think it needs a "Presented By" in there somewhere.

Recycling Rapha Presented by Condor?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,130
    iainf72 wrote:
    Recycling Rapha Presented by Condor?
    Recycling Rapha already happens - there is a steady stream of Rapha stuff sold on Ebay! :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    And if anyone is up for a bit of domain name hijacking (do people still do that?), www.raphacondorrecycling.co.uk/ hasn't actually been registered yet. Doh. If you're gonna name your team after a website, you'd think that would be quite high on the list of priorities... obviously not.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Hmm, in other areas mergers would be seen as a sign of a shrinking market.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    British superteam? Perhaps and good luck to them but I can't see the purpose.

They're small fry once they leave these shores, they'd all get sand kicked in their faces by Agritubel or Chocolade Jacques.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    I love the Rapha Condor and Recycling teams because they are plucky Brits.

Grow up.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • They may get their butts kicked on the continent but at least they are clean!!!!
  • vermooten wrote:
    I love the Rapha Condor and Recycling teams because they are plucky Brits.

Grow up.

:?:

something wrong with supporting the British teams is there?
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Apparently it's a rebadge of the existing Recycling team. The riders from the old Rapha/Condor team have all been dropped (despite being re-assured that they would be renewed for next year) expect maybe Dean Downing.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Yes, just like a company takeover or when departments get merged. Those whose faces don't fit are out.
  • So it could be a shame if some of the riders are compromised in this merger. But it will make the team stronger overall surely?
  • Bern.
    Bern. Posts: 58
    It is a new team, utilising the expertise of John Herety who was running the Recycling team. John rode for the Percy Bilton Condor team in the 80's and is the perfect man for the job. Most of the younger riders are from the current Recycling team with new riders coming back to the UK to join including Ben Greenwood and Kristian House who will be joining Dean Downing and Chris Newton and the rest. The current race scene in the UK is the best it has been for many years. Although the term 'Superteam' has been used the boys are under no illusions and there will be many tough races out there. To get a team to ProTour level it can take many years of development and investment. From a sponsors perspective our main exposure will be in the uk with the premier calendar series and the Tour of Britain.
    There are always many stories and rumers why riders are not kept on in any team, but it only makes sense when you know the full story.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Thanks for the update Bern. Can I have a free jersey when they are out??

:lol::lol:
  • Bern.
    No problem, I only wish there were some spare. Hopefully there should be some of the new ones left over once the team have got their allocation. If only we could get them for free, We would give one to every customer.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • one of this years will do fine !!!!

(sorry that was very cheeky :lol: )
  • Bern.
    Nice try. I wish I had one too. None left I'm afraid
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Bern. wrote:
    It is a new team, utilising the expertise of John Herety who was running the Recycling team. John rode for the Percy Bilton Condor team in the 80's and is the perfect man for the job. Most of the younger riders are from the current Recycling team with new riders coming back to the UK to join including Ben Greenwood and Kristian House who will be joining Dean Downing and Chris Newton and the rest. The current race scene in the UK is the best it has been for many years. Although the term 'Superteam' has been used the boys are under no illusions and there will be many tough races out there. To get a team to ProTour level it can take many years of development and investment. From a sponsors perspective our main exposure will be in the uk with the premier calendar series and the Tour of Britain.
    There are always many stories and rumers why riders are not kept on in any team, but it only makes sense when you know the full story.

So, a re-badge of Recycling then ? :wink:
  • Bern.
    6 out of 14 in total
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Bern. wrote:
    Nice try. I wish I had one too. None left I'm afraid

Worth a try.