What modern saddlebag for use on Brooks B17 saddle?

tommywmb
tommywmb Posts: 148
edited October 2007 in Tour & expedition
I have a Brooks B17 and would like a modern saddlebag to go underneath by connecting to the straps. Does anyone know of any? The trad leather ones are a little bit too beard for my liking! :oops: :lol:

Anyone?

Comments

• Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Do you mean saddle-bag or saddle pack?
    Saddle-packs are small to hold a few tools, spare tube etc and will fit most saddles, but NOT via the loops on the saddle, they attach to the rails. NB; some quick detach saddle-packs do not match the wider rear rails of a B17. Most though use some kind of strapping system which will fit any rails.

Saddle-bags are larger and will attach to the bag-loops on the B17. Most notable are the Carradice designs, though Ortelieb I believe do them as well.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    I know they don't attach by straps but have you thought of the Carradice SQR bags. I have an SQT tour which is a fantastically well made bit of kit and takes two seconds to put on and off bike (literally). They have just brought out a smaller SQR bag as well. They look a little more moderm IMO than the strappy type bags.
  • tommywmb
    tommywmb Posts: 148
    Oh, definately a saddlePACK, nothing too big, just enough for a wee multitoold and spare tube and that.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    tommywmb wrote:
    Oh, definately a saddlePACK, nothing too big, just enough for a wee multitoold and spare tube and that.

Take yer pick of the ones that attach via straps...
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CategoryProduct ... &cat=Cycle

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • It's an uphill climb to the bottom
  • And this one, which doesn't fix to the seat...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carradice-CarraDr ... dZViewItem
    It's an uphill climb to the bottom
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    I have the Velo Orange Bagette bag. I like it a lot. With the exchange rate, the price is very good too (made in the USA in a small plant somewhere).