New brakes

-Stone 3-
-Stone 3- Posts: 114
edited October 2007 in MTB general
basically i may buy some new brakes to upgrade from my hayes soles, and im looking for some freeride brakes- i dont want anything too powerfull- just more power than my soles.
i'm thinking of these three brakes
- hope mono minis
-diatech anchors
- imperial brakes
if anyone has any feedback about any of these brakes or wants to suggest some decent brakes that'd be great. oh nad i want to spend no more than £90 per brake

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    CRC has a brake sale on now. go look.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    CRC has a brake sale on now. go look.

It's brilliant, I'm getting a Hayes HFX 9 DH MKII rear for ONLY £59.99 = BARGAIN :D
  • cool cool. i dont suppose you know waht kind of disc mounts my P2 has?
  • nicklouse
    IS for the frame.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • great, thanks. are formula B4 Pro brakes stronger than soles?
  • Mixi
    Mixi Posts: 15
    check out the oro k18 ...really good brake for the money

also the juicy5 delivers good value for money (make sure you replace the stock pads with the organic pads)
  • nicklouse
    -Stone 3- wrote:
    great, thanks. are formula B4 Pro brakes stronger than soles?

yes but i would give them a miss.
  • really? why is that?
    i'd quite like some hope minis/m4s but thats completely based on looks. are minis considerably stronger than soles?
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    -Stone 3- wrote:
    really? why is that?
    i'd quite like some hope minis/m4s but thats completely based on looks. are minis considerably stronger than soles?

Cant speak for soles but i have got mono mini's with a 180/180mm setup and the power is fantastic, really it is. I can lock the wheel with 2 fingers with practically no effort at all.
  • lurpak
    lurpak Posts: 78
    What do people reckon to the Hayes HFX9 Carbon? Merlin have got on offer of crossride rims and 6" HFX9 Carbon for £200. Have currently got the soles and find them quite weak. Would i notice much difference with the HFX?
  • saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    jayson wrote:
    -Stone 3- wrote:
    really? why is that?

Cant speak for soles but i have got mono mini's with a 180/180mm setup and the power is fantastic, really it is. I can lock the wheel with 2 fingers with practically no effort at all.

i agree, im over 16 stone and the minis bring me to a stop on any surface......quickly!

awesome power, and so effortless.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • skyliner
    skyliner Posts: 613
    I use Mono mini and M4's on 2 of my bikes, and I can't fault them. I used to use the Mini's for DH until I got the M4's, and they were good enough to stop me when I used 2 fingers, now I just use 1. (or do't brake at all if I think I can get away with it. Then I crash.)
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.