No Lombardy on Eurosport = worst channel going

kellys_heroes
kellys_heroes Posts: 88
edited October 2007 in Pro race
anybody else out there peeved off....yet again British eurosport rubbishes the cycling coverage to cover those Finely tuned athletes called snooker players....what next rubbish will they show synchronised drowning for non swimmers perhaps....this is getting a bloody joke.the last big cycling race of the season and its not on live.then as before they dont even tell you if or why its late....i wish i had kept my old sat dish now

Comments

• ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    It's just started – at 20 past midnight...
  • Going to hope Sky+ manages to get the repeat this morning....
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    The worst of it was the same snooker match was also being shown on BBC.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • PhilBixby
    PhilBixby Posts: 697
    No, even worse than that, it was being broadcast to the net, live, by Eurosport in France... :wink:

Yours without a TV
    Phil B
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    anybody else out there peeved off....yet again British eurosport rubbishes the cycling coverage to cover those Finely tuned athletes called snooker players....
    Couldn't you tune your disk receiver to receive continental Eurosport? It should be possible.
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    You can't blame Eurosport for putting MotoGP and the Snooker on, they're likely to attract far more viewers than the Tour of Lombardy would of.

What would be nice though, is if they streamed the ES International coverage on their website in English.
  • I did still catch it on DVD but only because I left the recorder going for an extra hour or so after the programmes scheduled finish time. I thought it was going to cut out in the last KM but I just got the finish.

Very frustrating but at least they still cover the sport.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697

Yep, and le'ts not forget that although ES can be annoying like this... at least it isn't cycling.tv
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    I left the recorder going for an extra hour or so after the programmes scheduled finish time. I thought it was going to cut out in the last KM but I just got the finish.

That's one way of guaranteeing a nail-biting ending!
  • allaction
    allaction Posts: 209
    Do Sky even cover cycling? Usually any sport they don't cover doesn't even get mentioned on skysports news. It's actually quite funny now setanta have some games that they aren't even previewed on sky but if its there games you never hear the end of it.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    allaction wrote:
    Do Sky even cover cycling? Usually any sport they don't cover doesn't even get mentioned on skysports news. It's actually quite funny now setanta have some games that they aren't even previewed on sky but if its there games you never hear the end of it.

They do a bit.

Paris-Brussels a few weeks ago. Tour of Germany, Tour de Suisse earlier in the year. And Langkawi as I recall.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    vermooten wrote:

Yep, and le'ts not forget that although ES can be annoying like this... at least it isn't cycling.tv

I've never used it - but what's wrong with cycling.tv?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    allaction wrote:

They do a bit.

Paris-Brussels a few weeks ago. Tour of Germany, Tour de Suisse earlier in the year. And Langkawi as I recall.

Only ever highlights though, usually a week or so after the event. It would be great if Setanta started to show an interest in cycling. They seem to cover a much wider variety of sports than Sky Sports, and would probably do a far better job than Eurosport.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    vermooten wrote:

I've never used it - but what's wrong with cycling.tv?

There's nothing wrong with cycling TV at all.( with a decent broadband connection )
    You get what you pay for and a load of stuff you don't have tp pay a penny for.
  • Agreed there's nothing (much) wrong with cycling.tv, but they didn't show the tour of lombardy either . . .
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    They never said they would though, :)
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    knedlicky wrote:
    anybody else out there peeved off....yet again British eurosport rubbishes the cycling coverage to cover those Finely tuned athletes called snooker players....
    Couldn't you tune your disk receiver to receive continental Eurosport? It should be possible.
    I'm not peeved as when Dicky greedy bollox took over my cable I cancelled it and lost british es but my old Sat Dish gets conti euro analog.

I am no teckno but disc being digital and conti - euro being Analog then you must need some special equiptment to record this as digital. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in this as I record conti - euro on tape and then transfer from tape to Disc.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    deejay wrote:
    I'm interested in this as I record conti - euro on tape and then transfer from tape to Disc.

I record from digital satalite via scart lead to my Lite-On HD-A760GX. From there I can edit my recording and burn to DVD if I wish.

With 250GB I've got the whole of the TDF and some spring classics with plenty of room to spare still on the HDD.

This set up should work with analogue satalite as well.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Sky also showed the Tour Down Under last yr, half hour highlights on each race day..