Ready glued patches

jacktheoc
jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
edited October 2007 in The Crudcatcher
i bought some of these just for out on the trails..went out today, got about 3mile and got a puncture :evil: . so got them out let all the air out and stuck it on flat great got back on got about 1mile..flat took tyre off it was the patch it has shriveled up , so took it off and put another on once again let tyre down and put it on flat and clearly around the puncture. got going again about 2mile down..flat so i checked it for about 10mins for another punture..nothing pumped the tube up about half and stuck one on. turned around to go home had about 6 mile to go..got one more on the way home .
ended up pumping the tyre up every 15mins and threw the patches in a bush..
not a good day, especially since it was the first time ive been out in about 6week due to having a toe amputated... i think i'll stick to the old way of fixing punctures, patches and real glue..

:roll:

Comments

• I've had a couple of pre-glued-patched tubes go mysteriously flat overnight - checked them in water and nothing to be found so it appears they only leak sometimes at high pressure, sounds like either the patch or the valve to me.

I'm beginning to wonder about going back to traditional patches. :(
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • jacktheoc
    checked the valve..i went to my aunties just a little of track and checked it in the sink..nothing just bubbles coming up were the patch was.
    waste of time imo it only saves you about 2-3mins anyway so its noting massive. appealed to me just because of the size..easy enought just to slip in my pocket.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    never had a problem with the Park self glued patches. It does help if the tube is the correct size.

which toe was it?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jacktheoc
    nicklouse wrote:
    never had a problem with the Park self glued patches. It does help if the tube is the correct size.

which toe was it?

next to my big toe on my right foot..took the top half off it, broke the bottom to line it up corrctly and messed about with the tendens to get it layed flat..i was born with it slightly crooked and it went over on the next toe so i had to get it amputated! hurt alot but not complaining got 6weeks of school :D
    i will get some park patches and give it a go!..i got the others from halfords :oops: so i couldnt expect much... :roll:
  • I never had a lot of luck with them, although going by my experience of Park stuff, theirs are probably better than most. They don't really save you a lot of time over conventional patches anyway.
    Music by me: Drum and bass http://www.myspace.com/johntechno
    Other stuff http://www.myspace.com/ohcd