The rules on camping out!!!!

steve100
steve100 Posts: 57
edited October 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Thinking in going on a 3 day mountainbiking trip through the peaks, but was just wondring if anyone knows what the rules on camping are, can you just camp anywhere or do you have to find a proper campsite???

I have only ever camped abroad on proper campsites so no idea what you can and can not do over here.

Cheers Steve

Comments

• fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    Be careful on that dude

Most national parks will say no camping but kind of turn a blind eye (as long as there is'nt 25 of you)
    Some places will drop on you like a heavy thing in a lead suit with concrete boots.

there is some decent camp sites round the peaks anyway mate so you sould not find it difficult to find somewhere to get your head down.
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • fumps wrote:
    Be careful on that dude

Most national parks will say no camping but kind of turn a blind eye (as long as there is'nt 25 of you)
    Some places will drop on you like a heavy thing in a lead suit with concrete boots.

there is some decent camp sites round the peaks anyway mate so you sould not find it difficult to find somewhere to get your head down.

Thats what I thought! the reason I asked is want to have a bit of flexibility on the route, but it is probably going to be better if we stick to one route and use proper camp sites.

I was thinking the other day how strange it was that I have beenn and walked and ridden all over the peaks in all kinds of weather, I know all the routes, the weather patterns, the bad places, the good places and the great places to see and visit yet I have never camped there
  • fumps
    Hmm it's weird we used to go to national parks all the time & just camp out.

You'd get park rangers approach you & tell you that "they did'nt see you ok" smile & just leave you to it.

The rave scene screwed it up i'm afraid. i have to put my hand up on that one gulp.

Depends how adventurous your feeling lol
  • fumps wrote:
    Hmm it's weird we used to go to national parks all the time & just camp out.

You'd get park rangers approach you & tell you that "they did'nt see you ok" smile & just leave you to it.

The rave scene screwed it up i'm afraid. i have to put my hand up on that one gulp.

Depends how adventurous your feeling lol

I don't know you ravers, well while you were out in some farmers barn painting smiley faces on the wall taking mind bending drugs, I was down the nags head listening to heavey metal and taking mind bending drugs. Ahh the 80s and 90s we will never see the like again LOL
  • fumps
    I was an ex metal head too lol. Bass player in a band for years......but i was the ultimate hedonist.....oooo these peeps have drugs......i'm there.

Donnington was my heaven.....surfing vans & building massive bomb fires.

god i miss that lol

I did'nt care where i was .........well to be honest i had no idea where i was most of the time
  • keith
    keith Posts: 1,149
    Just stay out of the way of paths, roads, farm houses and so on and you will be fine.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I haven't for years (15 or more!!! :oops: ) But I used to backpack thro' the lakes, and just pitched my tent on a decent bit of ground in the fells. No-one ever siad anything, mind you, while you're pitching the tent, everyone else is off the mountain. Its a wonderfull thing waking up in the wild with no-one for miles.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • quote="fumps"]I was an ex metal head too lol. Bass player in a band for years......but i was the ultimate hedonist.....oooo these peeps have drugs......i'm there.

Donnington was my heaven.....surfing vans & building massive bomb fires.

god i miss that lol

I did'nt care where i was .........well to be honest i had no idea where i was most of the time[/quote]

Donnington was my mecca, have not been for over 10 years, not the same now, they should have kept the monsters of rock, instead of this loaded festival thing.

Last time I went I had to wear a kneck brace for a week after due to some serious head banging to metallica and some git broke my nose when he did not like my crowd surfing god I miss those days. LOL
    ratty2k wrote:
    I haven't for years (15 or more!!! :oops: ) But I used to backpack thro' the lakes, and just pitched my tent on a decent bit of ground in the fells. No-one ever siad anything, mind you, while you're pitching the tent, everyone else is off the mountain. Its a wonderfull thing waking up in the wild with no-one for miles.

I know what you mean its like a mini adventure LOL
  • fumps
    keith wrote:
    Just stay out of the way of paths, roads, farm houses and so on and you will be fine.

Stick to roads & be-ware o' moon................ god be with ya lads!!!

Yeh thats the way to go dude just set up late evening no one about be gone before the Kagools re-appear......you'll be like Rambo....but on a bike lol
  • fumps wrote:
    keith wrote:

Stick to roads & be-ware o' moon................ god be with ya lads!!!

Yeh thats the way to go dude just set up late evening no one about be gone before the Kagools re-appear......you'll be like Rambo....but on a bike lol

LOL
  • fumps
    Just dont leave the slaughtered lamb in gods name dont go.

or if you do just stick to the roads........bugger that stay in the pub i would rather be beaten up than eaten........

hmmm unless it was Kate moss, i'd let her eat me

ramble over..........