House maids knee...

dawolfman
dawolfman Posts: 22
Has anyone else had this condition?

Comments

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    my husband has. ha ha ha. :lol:

I'm sure that his is gout though - drinks too much lager beer he does. Every ailment he ever gets I attribute to gout.
  • mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    Yes, I believe I have. The docs didn't say as much at the time though, she was rather non plussed as I remember.

Was almost exactly a year ago. I fell off and hit my knee on the top tube. Bruised for a bit but nothing unexpected until a few weeks later when it started to get worse. Obvious fluid on the side of the knee and painful especially to kneel but not too bad pedalling. Doctor examined it and pulled my leg about a bit and said "that's interesting" (or something similar). She said that there wasn't any damage to bones, ligaments or muscles and to come back in a week or so if it wasn't better. Anyway, carried on riding but it got worse. Stopped riding and playing badminton completely for about a week I think and it got better by itself.

Doctor didn't say it was housemaid knee (pre-patellar bursitis) but fairly sure that it was.
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    Oh and an ice pack every night for 20 minutes
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • My knee keeps on hurting though everytime I go say over 40 miles on the bike. Do you think it could be something with my riding/cleat position?