Suzue fixed hubs - any good??

Kirky
Kirky Posts: 459
edited October 2007 in Road general
Hi all, I need a pair of wheels to use for a fixed build and have been offered a pair with 'Suzue' hubs. I've never heard of these, are they any good?? How do they compare with a brand like the Miche ones??

Many thanks
KIRKY
Las Vegas Institute of Sport

Comments

• rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    I run Suzue hubs on my tandem. As they are now 15 years old and haven't given me any grief at all, I'd put them in the "great kit" category.
  • Apparently the high-end Suzues are fine, but I've heard numerous bad reports about their budget products. The most common complaint was that the thread stripped very easily, leaving you with a next to useless hub.
  • Apparently the high-end Suzues are fine, but I've heard numerous bad reports about their budget products. The most common complaint was that the thread stripped very easily, leaving you with a next to useless hub.

so no better than Miche for the cheap ones.

Also got them on the tandem and run very well. Can't remember if any of our fixed wheels have got them, but seen plenty of shiny Suzue hubs running well
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Suzue have gone bust, so availability of spares in the future may be limited. Their top range track hubs are nice, but the basic track hubs use open cup and cone bearings, so not even as good or as serviceable as the likes of Formula/System-Ex/Ambrosio and Miche types.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..