PS3, anybody here got one??

jayson
jayson Posts: 4,606
edited December 2007 in The Crudcatcher
I had a 360 but i recently sold cause it was just sat there on the hifi rack gathering dust and generally lookin a bit sad and sorry for itself. It was my 3rd machine anyways so i wasnt massively sad to see it go if im honest.

I've been offered a good deal on a ps3 but if im honest i know not alot about it, i was always an xbox fan. Ive been on the net checking out the games available but there's not really alot outthere at the mo, i keep reading there's loads coming but where are they and when??

Whats the general consensus on the 3rd outing of sonys toy?

Comments

• jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    a few of my mates have got them and they say they are excellent, i have the ps2 slimline which is good although is hasn't been used in about 8month, before that i had the original ps2 which was also a good machine and never broke once. i would recommend sony as a make but like i said i have never been on a ps3 for longer than 20mins..
  • yeah my mate has one, the graphics are amazing! Motorstorm is so fun! I've also played a 360 but I just use a PS2 they're fine for me! :D
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i play resistance fall of man at the moment i have other games - motorstorm/ninja gaiden, the online play is superb and free, unlike xbox live which requires a subscription. i have also installed ps3 yellow dog linux on it.
  • PS3 + YDL = Geek alert.

My 360 blew up (damn you microsoft for your crap design!). I since moved gaming to the PC which hasn't blown up but the graphics card cost me the price of a new 360 :(
  • Stick with a 360 there are so many games comin out for it! Assassins creed, kayne and lynch, army of two, ninja gaiden 2, project gotham 4, gta4 and mass effect to name but a few. So ok 360's sometime die but they're pretty quick fixin them and mines bin fine since i got it back. 360 just gettin into its stride while ps3 still new! they can't get thier heads round how to program for blue ray properly yet anyways! Wait untill some good game come out then get one.
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    *Looks around and makes sure no-one is looking*

My son is getting a PS3 for Christmas. :wink:
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    lol @ PS3 + YDL = Geek alert.
  • personally I'd stay with the 360. the PS3 has little going for it at this moment in time. It may pick up pace but I just feel there are very few decent games for it compared to the 360. PS3 does have UT3 coming out v soon which is a must buy.

PC UT fanboy here :wink:
  • Yes UT3 does indeed rock. It should rock quite well on PS3 as well.

The original Unreal Tournament ruined my life. 2 years of non stop Facing Worlds head shots.
  • UT comin out for the 360 though i believe,no? I hope so anyway looks grand!
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

• it will be out for the 360 but not just yet.

just come off playing UT3 great fun. and UT99 took away a few years for me too. i still play it often :D
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    Stick with a 360 there are so many games comin out for it! Assassins creed, kayne and lynch, army of two, ninja gaiden 2, project gotham 4, gta4 and mass effect to name but a few. So ok 360's sometime die but they're pretty quick fixin them and mines bin fine since i got it back. 360 just gettin into its stride while ps3 still new! they can't get thier heads round how to program for blue ray properly yet anyways! Wait untill some good game come out then get one.

Most of those games are coming out on the PS3 at the same time!

I've got a PS3. It's very good, especially as a fully paid-up wage slave I don't get home from work till gone 7pm so I can't ride in the evenings any more.

The games are brilliant, but there aren't many about at yet. They'll get a lot more popular when GTA4 and GT5 come out, they're the "must have" games of 2008 and GT will only be on playstation.

If you've got a HD ready TV you've got to see Blurays to believe how good they are, and games in HD make a big difference.

If I were in the mood to stir up a few of the xbox faithful I'd mention that they don't have a HDMI port to make HD worthwhile unless they've got the mega expensive "elite" version, Xbox controllers are so big they give you handcramp and it's almost painful to use if you've spent all day on a DH course and your hands are barking. Their HD-DVD add on looks stupid and make storing the system in a normal telly stand impossible. In fact the whole system looks like a toy under the telly. Not good when you’re bringing a fresh Doris home. Where as the playstation is descreat and looks like a high-end DVD player or something. Not to mention HD-DVD is going to lose the Betamax V VHS race of the 00's. But it’s childish to stir up the less fortunate, so I wont.
    :wink::wink::wink:
  • I agree bout most of the above as i'll prob get a ps3 when they come down considerably in price i mean 450 for a console come on!! But on the ps3 bein descreet u sure you've got one? They're massive!!
    And never mind the fact that games are gettin put back on the 360 coz of sonys stupid blu-ray makin us all wait for gta4 especially, which was ready for 360 then.......... sony stamped their feet :cry: . As for the hdmi socket can you really really tell the difference that much to pay 450 quid for a console with no games :wink:
    And how many dorises have ever complained about the size of YOUR console anyway? :wink::wink::wink: That will be all :wink:

• Xbox360 is the best in my opinion, live is really good for those rainy days !
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    I agree bout most of the above as i'll prob get a ps3 when they come down considerably in price i mean 450 for a console come on!! But on the ps3 bein descreet u sure you've got one? They're massive!!
    And never mind the fact that games are gettin put back on the 360 coz of sonys stupid blu-ray makin us all wait for gta4 especially, which was ready for 360 then.......... sony stamped their feet :cry: . As for the hdmi socket can you really really tell the difference that much to pay 450 quid for a console with no games :wink:
    And how many dorises have ever complained about the size of YOUR console anyway? :wink::wink::wink: That will be all :wink:

I guess all my units are pretty big :wink: , becuase it seems in scale. About same size as my Sky box.

And the plural of Doris, is clearly Dori :wink:
  • I'll have one in 2 weeks courtesy of Carphone Warehouse - Woohoo
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    im waiting to see who wins the hddvd/bluray format war.

Microshaft did the right thing in making the hddvd an external drive as it means they can release a bluray one if it turns out that bluray sticks around.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.