Wish i'd taken a photo of it...

dirtbiker100
dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
edited November 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Some pikey yesterday riding past a skatepark I was at. He had a GT hardtail, looked ok, apart from the forks. He'd put some crap triple clamps on the front but couldn't put the top section on. So took off the top supports so it looked like single crown forks with stanchions going up to triple clamp length. Also there was no caps on the top or anything, just the open tubes sticking up. muppet. Anyone else seen novel pikey bodge jobs on bikes

Comments

• Mike Deere
    Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
    I saw a chav on an unbranded white frame the other day, with "kona" scribbled on the downtube in black permanent marker.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    My brothers old shockwave bike was in the skip with our old kitchen. The bike was totally owned (casette falling to pieces, forks + shock seized etc). However 2 days later I see the pikey wee bastards around here had taken it out and were riding it around, bleh...
  • Nothing wrong with rescuing a skip bike!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Dark_lord wrote:
    Nothing wrong with rescuing a skip bike!

There is if its a Shockwave.. even in good nick, you'd be aswell to ride a brick with wheels.
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    Schmako wrote:
    There is if its a Shockwave.. even in good nick, you'd be aswell to ride a brick with wheels.
    thats being a bit generous isn't it?
  • fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    A shockwave passed me going the other way on a trail a few days ago man that rear suss was wailing in horror.

i wonder if he made it home
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • rideitgood
    rideitgood Posts: 1,183
    Some scrubbers at my school, ride shockwaves, with single speed, 20" wheels, no tubes or tyres, a trials stem, and bmx pegs.

it has to be seen to be believed.
  • Gutted..just bought a shockwave to get fit on..until next summer and i get my proper wheels :twisted:
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    rideitgood wrote:
    Some scrubbers at my school, ride shockwaves, with single speed, 20" wheels, no tubes or tyres, a trials stem, and bmx pegs.

it has to be seen to be believed.
    they ride on the rims :shock:
    a few lads at my school have bikes that are for about 6 year olds !
    honestly they are tiny must have 16" wheels
  • fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    Gutted..just bought a shockwave to get fit on..until next summer and i get my proper wheels :twisted:

Hey dude if needs must, test the water first man, i was going to do the same but decided to lock myself into this so i cant just back out ....lol
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Chavs around here put bmx rear wheels (or really small child's mountainbike wheels) on full size mountainbikes - but leave the front wheel normal. They almost look like Penny Farthings.

The chavs also ride girls folding bikes from the 80's and them really old granny bikes with 3 hub gears and brakes which use metal rods instead of cables.

Also seen a lot with no brakes on what-so-ever, and they are not riding fixed wheel bikes - so I do not know how they stop.
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • mtb.boy wrote:
    Also seen a lot with no brakes on what-so-ever, and they are not riding fixed wheel bikes - so I do not know how they stop.

The elongated, single eyebrow, ape-like forehead is enough to stop anything...
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    saw a gt chucker today with 8 inch travel triple clamps and an 8 inch fornt brake rotor, no caliper though, just a wee cable disc at the back.

it looked ridiculous, which id stop to take a picture now.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • lol guys thats seriosuly messed up. the chavs near me actually steal babies bikes and ride them to school. and cycle around on completely flat tyres doing lame wheelies towards fast oncoming traffic. one day one of them is actually going to get killed. i can't wait.
    the retarded company wont deliver the parts i need my rockhoppers out of it for a while....
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    Sticky It!!
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • prian
    prian Posts: 114
    Mike Deere wrote:
    I saw a chav on an unbranded white frame the other day, with "kona" scribbled on the downtube in black permanent marker.
    Ive seen chavs do that:P.
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    Saw a chav (ned up here) on a crappy shockwave going no hands. he went over a speed bump and was thrown over the handlebars. Its a good job a there werent any cars coming (or should that be a shame?!) :lol:
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • someone elses trash is someone elses gain.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • :? :? :? :? i like my Shockwave...its my stepping stone to better things....by the way i am not a chav i am a 28 year old female ,,married and mad motorbiker too lol
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    A couple years back we had some chavs laughing at my friends and I doing a drop and at our "g4y pu55y" helmets.

The next moment was pure brilliance as one of them tried it on the heap of shit he was riding, snapped the steerer/headtube and proceeded to eat dirt big style.
  • jacktheoc
    last month while i was at my local jumps their is a massive slope down which is just sand,big rocks and lots of wood... a few wank*rs came over throwing big rocks at us and decided to come over on their sh*tty bikes so i went down the bank closely followed by my mate, flew down avoided the rocks etc....next minute their is 3shitty bikes skidding down bouncing from rock to rock....then one went sideways flipped the lad at the front and the other 2 came crashing behind closely follwed by a bundle of sh1t bikes :lol: ... off we went in stitches at these little sh1ts head to toe coverd in sand and mud pulling their bikes out of the mess :lol::lol: :twisted:
  • Does it hurt to talk through your arsehole?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • jacktheoc
    Does it hurt to talk through your arsehole?

where you there when this happened :?: thought you would know the answer to that :?
  • stick
    stick Posts: 2,910
    bomboy 55 wrote:
    lol guys thats seriosuly messed up. the chavs near me actually steal babies bikes and ride them to school. and cycle around on completely flat tyres doing lame wheelies towards fast oncoming traffic. one day one of them is actually going to get killed. i can't wait.

I read that as:
    lol guys thats seriosuly messed up. the chavs near me actually steal babies and ride them to school.
  • grommet
    grommet Posts: 636
    there is this chav in a local town who i have seen ride a 05 kona stuff... not too bad i hear you say? well there is a caliper on the back with no rotor, a rotor on the front with no caliper, a 8 speed casset with a derailer missing and shortend chain running on it (bodged single speed) and basicly everything else is stolen, got lonsdale stickers on it or just generaly not there...
  • There's loads of lads round my way on a varity of mid - range Marins and GT's! Either they've developed taste or a job lot have been nicked from somewhere! Trust me its the latter. :twisted:

Mind you, you have to admire their ability to wheelie shoppers down traffic heavy streets. :wink:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • deanvw
    deanvw Posts: 412
    8 speed casset with a derailer missing and shortend chain running on it (bodged single speed)

works quite well when my tensioner wheel snapped

shorten the chain by 4 links and im off again, looks smarter and does the same job to get back 12miles better than pushing it
  • you think there bad? i have SEEN a group of chavs pulling a bike out of the local canal. it was a old ladys folding bike and the bolt was missing from the clamp in the middle and it had no tyres AND only one crank but they managed to bodge the clamp with a stick and were riding it round the carpark within minutes!!!!!

one of the chavs at my college stole a bighit 2 and then gaffa taped some rime brakes on beacuse he didnt know how to bleed the disc brakes. he rode it untill the police saw him ( about 24 hours after stealing it! ) then tryed to get away but got hit by a big pick-up. the bike was tolaled ( tragity!!) but his head was mahed up worse than a hamster in a blender! ( wicked!!!)

moral of the story: dont be a chav.
    Tree's are not soft. FACT