Dahon Cadenza

sunday_rider
sunday_rider Posts: 23
edited October 2007 in Road general
Has anyone any experience of this bike? I'm considering buying one. It seems a bit heavy (tho the same weight as an airnimal joey) and I wondered if it would be worth upgrading some of the parts to make it lighter?

thanks

Comments

• Gav2000
    Gav2000 Posts: 408
    I have last years version with the more obvious frame hinge. It seems to have been upgraded this year to include a hinge that looks almost hidden, it's also £600 this year whereas mine was £350 back in January.

I think it's a great bike for folding in half and carrying in the back of may car. I don't bother lowering the seat or twisting the handlebars to make it smaller as it's not a small folding bike. To me the advantage of it is that it has full size wheels and looks like a regular bike.

My bike is reasonably light, I'm not sure what the current frame weighs, I'm not sure the price hike is worth it for the current frame either though. Can you find one of last years model anywhere?

Gavin.
    Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
    Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
    Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
    You'll hear about him ever'where you go.
  • Thanks for that info.

It seems that the set up as it comes is perfectly fine for putting into a car. What I wondered was whether it was worth maybe replacing the wheels for something lighter so it could be put on a plane.

Your right that the current retail price does make the bike expensive, I have found that several german dealers are selling the 2007 model for about £380 inc p&p and I was thinking of purchasing from one of those.
  • Gav2000
    The standard wheels on mine are fine for the riding I do on the bike. They have stayed straight and the Continental tyres roll well. I'm sure you could get lighter ones but I couldn't justify the expense.

There is a German dealer called www.rabbit.de that sells a similar bike for a good price but the wheels are more off road and wider than mine, I have 1.3" wide tyres on mine. Is that where you've seen them?

Gav.
    Gav2000

• The dealer I was looking at was called " Zweirad.Posdziech.Bochum".

The site www.rabbit.de seems no longer to exist. Do you have any more info about the bikes
    they used to sell or just the web address?

thanks
  • Gav2000
    The company used to sell bikes via that address but doesn't seem to now. They also sold via ebay and their bikes could be found by searching for Dahon. They might have gone bust as they were lower cost than Dahon but seemed to sell the same bikes.

Gav.
    Gav2000

• Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    My local bike shop are Dahon dealers. They dont have that one listed but Im sure they could order you one.

http://www.citycycleschichester.com/default.aspx