Tour de Trossachs

andrewgturnbull
andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
edited November 2007 in Training, fitness and health
Hi folks.

I'm never sure whether to put race reports in here or in the racing forum - but I guess the audience here is a little more hands-on.

The Tour de Trossachs is a classic end-of-season hilly TT up here in Scotland. A beautiful race on a stunning course. Not such a good result... but there's always next year.

Report here:

http://www.andyturnbull.co.uk/2007/Tour ... s2007.html

See you all on the start line October 1st 2008!

Cheers, Andy

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,096
    Bad luck Andy. I've never ridden the event despite having raced in Scotland for a year in the early 90s (Dave_1 and raced one another, albeit unknowingly, in the Tour of the Kingdom) but having spent a lot of time in the Trossachs I know those roads well. It's a tough course.

I'm sure you'll be back next year to settle a score mind!
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    No joy Andy, great race report.

I passed a few of your club members in the Campsies at the weekend from Falkirk BC going the opposite way as me you cant miss thoes shirts.

Been round the Trossachs route many times myself but not at the pace of any of you lot and not for the want of trying but working on it tho :wink:
  • Bad luck ADT - but an interesting read! Having ridden those roads as part of a 100 mile circuit from my home via the Crow Road, I'm pretty certain I've never gone up it anywhere near as fast at you guys!!

I'll maybe drive over one day and ride the course, just to see how dreadfully slow I am in comparsion.
  • Cyrenne
    Cyrenne Posts: 184
    Good result Andy! Hard course, especially that drag out of Callander IIRC.