Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    to do what with?

bike or frame?

faux bar?
    4-bar?
    single pivot?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • soz lol
    looking for a full sus bike for around a grand
    for a bit of everything really
    focus superbud
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Mongooese Teocali, GT Idrive XCR, Trek Fuel 5
  • yeah was thinking of the mongoose toecali but cant seem to find a shop that stocks 1
    so i can have a look at 1
    focus superbud
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Hey i was in the same postion

first it was giant trance 3

then trek fuel ex 5.5

then gt xcr 5 from halfords, which by the by will be getting a black 2008 model very very soon, with shock upgrades, so hang tight on that one.

But the best of the best with xt kit and full fox is the Focus Super Bud 2008

looks the part and its got the kit to match.

Check it out at wiggle.com, the only place that sells it, so you cant try it first, but the have a 14 day ride gaurantee, you dont like you get your money back. and reviews are amazing on all other Focus bikes.
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Something that'll do everything?

http://www.jdcycles.co.uk/bikes/mtb-ful ... l-meta-552

It's what I ride and it does everything I am brave enough to do.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • bullcross
    bullcross Posts: 274
    like the look of the focus super bud looks nice

any reviews?
    focus superbud
  • robinta
    robinta Posts: 211
    Specialized FSR comp ?
  • canada16
    No reviews on the super bud yet unless you can read german. as its only come out last month.

But all other reviews for road bikes and killer bee which is a mtb and also the focus first all pretty much have 5 stars.

I was looking at specialized. but rear shock is not that great, xfusion cost about 40.00 and they say its specialized tuned? what up with that. my bike dealer can tune a rear shock so its at its best.

not hacking on specialized as like everything about the bike apart from rear shock.
  • bullcross
    like the look of the SUPER BUD looks a nice bike canada16
    great names they have for the FOCUS range lol
    good spec for the money but its the frame that might let it down?maybe not sure

plus wiggle not got it in till january 08 it says on there web site

u going to get the SUPER BUD then canada16??
    focus superbud
  • canada16
    WELL never seen that, im waiting for a cycle to work voucher for 1000.00 which will be here in oct sometime, i swear they told me it was available by e-mail. have just emailed again, but to be honest i might wait as weather pretty shit so not in a huge rush. and no other bike will come near it for that price..

if that spec was on a trek it would be 1500.00 at least so well worth the wait, will let you know when they respond, usally within 24hrs.
  • bullcross
    ok let me know :wink:
    focus superbud
  • canada16
    Hey

Got the e-mail and no it wont be ready until middle jan 2008.

I dont know why they even put it on their site if you can buy now.

Oh well back to

trek fuel 5.5

giant trance 3

or gt xcr 5 halfords.

Unless anybody can recomend a full suss as well for under 1000.00 and its got to be 1000.00 or less reg retail price as cycle to work does not work on sale stuff. they need to buy bike at rrp.
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    Trek Fuel EX 8 2007 £1099 couldnt be beaten when it was £1500 and at that price its way too good of an offer to miss out on.

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • Agreed but if you can;t find on the Ex5.5 is the same frame as the 2007 ex8

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/20 ... fuelex55e/
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • canada16
    Yeh im kinda leaning towards the 5.5 as cannot go above 1000.00 rrp on bike even if it is on sale.

But cannot find one review on the 5.5 anywere, i have seen so many reviews for the ex 8 and above in bike mags but nothing for the working class hero.
  • bullcross
    shame :(
    focus superbud
  • No reviews yet as it is basically a down spec of last years bike. Look for reviews of this year's ex8 and down play the fork and wheel side and you'll get an idea of it's performance.
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • ransos
    ransos Posts: 380
    Giant Trance is superb - same frame as the top of the range, so you can upgrade the kit when the budget allows. Forget the comments about heavy frame weight, 1lb on the bike overall is nothing, and you get a bike that rides incredibly well, and is likely to be durable. Also works well with an upgrade to 130mm forks (which is what I've done on mine).
  • canada16
    Hey

Thanks guys for all your comments and advice mucho grasia

I had a scott reflex 40 which i have just sold and to be honest the j1 shocks were cheap but i went down Cwm Carn on them and no probs what so ever.

So to be honest anything will be an upgrade.

Some people say Trek some People say Giant?

I ithink it might come down to which looks nicer and to actually sit on one of these bikes and have a go.. i liked the 2007 trance 3, but they have totally re-done the 2008 almost like the new marin, and not sure if i like the design, but have only seen the fuel 5.5 so far. so will try and see if Loc mountain bike shop has a giant 2008 for me to look at
  • bullcross
    id wait for the focus super bud it looks mint :wink:

what about the cube stereo???
    focus superbud
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    just had a look at the focus super bud :o ,
    excellent value and looks amazing :P

like the focus first extreme very very much :roll:
  • bullcross
    yeah they look nice the focus range :wink:
    the cube range does too
    focus superbud
  • canada16
    Hey

Had a look at the Cube bikes, and the only one that comes in at 1000.00 and under is the xms i think thats it.

Only one shop in the UK sells the bike and they do not have any of the new 2008 bikes as per the cube web site. i really really like the CUBE AMS COMP but cannot find it anywere apart from germany,

I as far as waiting, its a long time between now and jan. is it worth it just for a fork upgrade and some minor other stuff like brakes? i dont know.

Like those Cube bikes though, too bad only one place in UK sells them, and they are behind on stock and getting 2008 bikes as well.
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    I'm totally going to be waiting on the super bud - I've got an old P7 that I'm going to run into the ground over the winter and then convert to rigid/singlespeed while treating myself to a super bud... :lol:
  • bullcross
    yep im waiting too for the SUPER BUD
    might even get 1 from germany yet not sure
    great spec for the money :wink:
    focus superbud
  • Ant123
    Ant123 Posts: 9
    I have seen a Cannondale Rush 6 for £950 reduced from £1250 is this bike as good as similar prices treks and specialized?
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    should be a number of nice 07 bikes in the sales, check places like pauls cycles and sunsetmtb etc..depends what type of bike you want really.

the 08 commencal combi s for under a grand looks a great buy for short travel.