Routes around Maidstone and Hastings?

dirtbiker100
dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
edited October 2007 in Routes
I've got a weekend visitng famliy next to Bewl Reservoir (sort of in between Hastings and Maidstone) and thinking of taking my bike for a quick XC spin so anyone know of any decent riding in the surrounding area?
Thanks.

Comments

• Bedgebury forest (right next to Bewl) has a 13km mtb singletrack area which is quite fun (although I'm a newbie to mtb'ing so probably rather lame for the hardcore!)
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/infd-6ljhu5
  • dirtbiker100
    Ahhh that sounds pretty much perfect for what I want. Normally I'm hardcore but want something just nice n easy to get out of the house.
    You, mnmorton, are a star, quick reply too!

oh gosh, i read
    Single Track and Freeride/Dirt Jumps - Future Plans.
    and was gonna say I'd have liked to have seen them but least theres something to do, but wait!
    "The North Shore-style Freeride Area and new Dirt Jump course (alongside the Freeride) are now open."
    woooohoooo

err this seems fairly hardcore!!:
    http://forum.sussex-mtb.com/modules.php ... le&sid=373
    oh man i'm excited now.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    You'll have a great time at Bedgebury Dirtbiker :P
    £6 parking feels steep when handing it over :cry: , but it's a small price to pay for the facilities :shock:

Have you checked out Boars On Bikes? It's the Bedgebury bike club. Bit more info on what to expect. Also a few vids on Youtube and pics on Flickr :wink:

Finally.... HAVE FUN :!: :!: :!: :P 8) :lol:
  • dirtbiker100
    Ha ha well i'm a step ahead of you there. not checked flickr and youtube is blocked at work but I've already found the boars. i'm just wondering which bike to use! looks like an awesome place. I'm going to be staying over looking bewl reservoir on the south side so dunno if its close enough to ride to but i can get someone to drop me off which will be alright.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    the jumps are there and built next to the north shore which has also been expanded. There is also a 13 mile loop around Bewl itself, nothing technical and about 1/4 is on the road but something else to do. Using a 2 mile detour you can combine it with bedgebury as well
  • dirtbiker100
    Is the one around bewl marked up at all in any way? I'm staying at my uncles farm which backs right onto bewl so that sounds good too.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Yes it is :)

Go into Bewl car park complex and make you way kinda up and right through the car parks and signs start there. You can go the other way ie left as soon as you get in towards the damm and water but I prefer the other way. Just follow the signs. Nothing technical but some nice views etc then you can go of to Bedgebury which is more technical singletrack

Theres a bike shop there than rent out bikes who have a downloadable map[/]
  • dirtbiker100
    oh man sounds great thanks very much breezer!